Ford Escape Plug In Hybrid

Discussion in 'Ford' started by JedK, Feb 4, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. JedK

JedK Member

This is just a general question because I'm thinking about getting the new Ford Escape Plug-In Hybrid.

There are times I will drive the car pretty far so this shouldn't be a problem but I'm just wondering about this...
    If this were my 80 year old in-laws driving, then the car would never leave the neighborhood. So they would almost always run on battery and never gas.
    Would there be a risk of the gas going stale in the car?

Thanks,
    Jed K

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. S L .

S L . Active Member

Yes, this is why the volt will turn on the engine to burn the old gas in the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

4. JedK

JedK Member

Interesting... thanks

5. PHEVfan

PHEVfan New Member

The Fusion and C-Max Energi models will fire up the engine if the gas hasn't been used/filled up in 18 months. One Fusion user who is retired and drives EV only keeps it at <1/4 tank, so once a year or so he runs it to use that up and replace with a couple gallons of new gas. It will do that automatically if you don't do it yourself.
    For those wondering about the quality of 18mo old gas, Ford has a pressurized gas tank to keep the gas fresh longer.

6. JedK

JedK Member

Thanks for the replies,

Thanks to Covid-19, these cars are delayed by months. I was hoping to get one this summer, but now they're saying October, and I wonder if that's just wishful thinking. Same for the Toyota Plug-In SUV. There are some pretty good incentives right now as car companies are suffering. While I hope car companies will be doing better in the fall, I also hope the wait doesn't cost me an extra couple of thousand dollars.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Rick Scerbo

Rick Scerbo New Member

I did see that the info for the PHEV is on the Ford website. I contacted my dealer and he said he should be to order one within the next 2 weeks.

9. S L .

S L . Active Member

I’m in southern california, ford has $1,500 to $2,000 incentives on the escape phev already.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

10. Benjamin Holzman

Benjamin Holzman New Member

I'm desperate to buy this vehicle, so I've been contacting dozens of Ford dealers in my vicinity (New Jersey), asking them to let me know as soon as they have it in stock. None of them have any idea when they might arrive -- they say that Ford keeps them in the dark and that the PHEVs will just show up when they show up.

@JedK, who has told you they would only arrive at dealerships in October?

Does anyone else have any more info on when the 2020 Ford Escape PHEVs might be available? Thanks!