charging port weather cover

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by victor_2019, Feb 10, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. victor_2019

victor_2019 Active Member

So it's been a few snowstorms here in montreal and now I have hard packed show/ice stuck inside the pins of the charger port and can't push my charger pistol all the way in to start the charging...

other cars have the possibility of adding something like this https://alexindustries.ca/produit/eco-dome/ but it is a magnetic attachment, and since the clarity panels are made of aluminum, it won't stick.

has anyone made anything similar for their clarity and how would you attach it on the charge port area?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Pegsie likes this.
  4. To clarify, The one from the volt shop is a collar that goes around the charge cable that prevents snow from getting packed in around the charge head when you're plugged in it unfortunately doesn't protect the charge door although I suppose you could just put a plastic bag around that

5. Olive

Olive New Member

I bought this in november and I'm pretty please with it. The company is in Châteauguay. It doesn't have any magnet just velcros. The top velcro goes on the driver wiper's arm. There's a video that shows how to put it on.

macapuche.com
    270 Boulevard Kennedy, Châteauguay, QC j6k0c9, Canada

(514) 512-4652

KentuckyKen likes this.
  6. k2cjm

k2cjm New Member

JustAnotherPoorDriver Hi. I see you're from NY. I'm working on a story about the EVolve NY initiative and was hoping to interview you. The story would focus on real people who've made the switch to EV and how it positively impacted their lives. The piece would eventually appear on the NYPA's EVolve site some time around early April. If you're interested, I can give you my number and work email and we could talk more offline. Thanks in advance.

7. To remove this ad click here.