Side rocker and rear bumper trim removal?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by blinkme323, Feb 9, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. blinkme323

blinkme323 Member

Hello,

Our Clarity took some damage recently that marred up the drivers side rocker (or side skirt if you will) along with the black plastic lower trim piece on the rear bumper. I was planning on just swapping them out myself with some new pieces, but I was curious if anyone else has gone through the removal process for either of them.

The rear trim piece looks fairly straightforward, but I'm somewhat concerned about the side rocker, as I assume there are clips involved there.

TIA

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Bender

Bender Active Member

Not sure which side part you're referring to (quick Google search returns steel part between front and rear wheel wells). However, many have removed the rear bumper cover and the plastic cover underneath. Refer to the trailer hitch thread for pictures/ discussion.

No tools required (other than one or two small screw drivers, or even just your hands) for removing the black plastic cover underneath. It's attached solely by reusable pop rivets.

4. blinkme323

blinkme323 Member

Thanks for the info on the rear trim piece, that's promising. The side rocker that I'm referring to is the black plastic trim piece that runs along the lower portion of the driver and passenger sides. I think it is officially called a "side sill" on the Honda parts website.

5. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

Just standard body work stuff, Clarity is not special in these regards. This video is for Accord. I'm quite certain Clarity would be a similar process. On most every modern car you just have to to remove all visible clips and then slide it forward:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020