Cargo space for bike?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by doggyworld, Feb 3, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. doggyworld

doggyworld Active Member

Does anyone know if you can fit a bike with the seats folded down in the cargo space? I'm looking at perhaps buying a bike and would like to know if I can fit it in there to pick it up. Do the wheels need to come off to fit it? Thanks.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. My Specialized mountain bike has 26" wheels and will fit if I remove the front wheel and move the passenger seat forward.

4. My Trek mountain bike fits with 26" wheels on and passenger seat move slightly forward. I am sure I could get my road bike in with the front wheel off and 2 bikes with all wheels off.
    fullsizeoutput_29d.jpeg fullsizeoutput_29f.jpeg

Attached Files:

5. We bought a bike for my wife a while ago, remove the front wheel (of the bike, not the car!) and all fits in perfectly.

6. JedK

JedK Member

Same for me as Esprit1st. My road bike does not fit in the back with the wheels on. I have to remove the front wheel to get it to fit.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. ducan07

ducan07 New Member

Most bikes can fit in a car with the front wheel removed. To do this, release the quick-release skewer or loosen the thru-axle on the front wheel. Once it's loose, you can slide the wheel out of the fork dropouts.

9. ducan07

ducan07 New Member

When placing the bike inside the car, position it so that the chain and pedals are facing away from any upholstery or carpeting to avoid staining or damage.

10. herode10

herode10 Member

This is how sometimes I carry my road bike when I don't want it outside 20230804_181118.jpg . I need to remove the seat post.