All Windows Slightly Rolled Down Unexpectedly?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by cokeb5, Jan 23, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. cokeb5

cokeb5 Member

Hi everyone,

This morning I got into my Clarity and noticed my driver window was slightly rolled down so I rolled it up. After I did, I noticed the 3 other windows were rolled down as well, they were all probably down 1-2 inches or so. If it was only one window, I expect I could've done it on accident the night before, but certainly not all 4 of them. Has anyone had this happen to them?

I briefly read that it's possible to adjust them with the key fob which might be the explanation. I keep my key fob in my pants and never really touch it though, and I don't think from my apartment the key fob signal could even reach the car. Any other ideas?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

Have had my car 17 months. It did this for the first time (that I have noticed) last week. I concur that it must be a keyfob sequence thing.

4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

My best guess would be that something in your pocket pressed the unlock button just long enough to unlock and start the roll down process but not finish it.
    You can roll down the windows to any level if you’re quick to release the unlock button. Unfortunately, there is no way to roll them back up without physically going to the car.

Dan Albrich and cokeb5 like this.
  5. ClarityBill

ClarityBill Active Member

How do you roll down the windows with the key fob?

6. I am now finding that the button to open the charge door gets pushed in my pocket. Usually as I'm getting on the car of course.

On the Sorento it was the rear pop up window in the tailgate. I fixed that by cutting out a square of the rubber push area the size of the button under it. Worked!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. ab13

ab13 Active Member

The normal Honda process is to turn the physical key twice to the lock position, but hold it the second time to roll up. Does that work with Clarity?

9. ab13

ab13 Active Member

Press unlock twice, holding it down the second time.

KentuckyKen likes this.
  10. Groves Cooke

Groves Cooke Active Member

Press the unlock button twice and hold it down. All the windows will lower.

KentuckyKen likes this.
  11. Daniel M W

Daniel M W Member

You can roll them up from the outside closing the car using the metal key from the remote, holding the key in the closing position... but it's really impractical.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Coastie68

Coastie68 New Member

When I go out to the garage to use the Clarity, I often get in and on starting get a message that the trunk is open. It always is when I get out to check. With my CR-V I find the doors locked often when I try to get in as I often do with my Brand X pickup. I attribute this to carrying my keys in my pocket most of the time.....