Thread only applies to Costco members who DIY oil change....

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by craze1cars, Jan 16, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

Right now, and for only 4 days, Costco.com is selling 2 pack, 5 quart jugs of 0W-20 full synthetic Kirkland oil for $24.99 including free shipping to your home. That’s $12.50 per 5 quart jug....heckuva deal. Yet another 4% rebate off that, if you use Costco card and are an Executive member! And yes it’s good oil top-rated SN Plus for direct injected turbo engines, if you happen to have any. I just ordered their max limit of 10 jugs as I maintain a bit of a fleet...

To put this in Clarity perspective, you’ll use about $9 worth of oil, plus whatever you pay for a filter, $6.50 ish for OEMs off eBay, to change your oil...that’s a $15.50 oil change...

Just FYI.

Beware their 0w-20 is not found in stores. Must order online and have it delivered.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. graure

graure Member

Nice price, and no rebates to mess with. This is a decent price even at the full price $15/jug.

craze1cars likes this.
  4. Atkinson

Atkinson Active Member

Thanks, in for 2.

5. qtpie

qtpie Active Member

6. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

That’s regular price. Sale is now over. As I wrote in first post it was a 4 day sale.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

That's still not a bad price, especially compared to buying Mobil 1 0w-20 at Walmart for $25.47 for a single 5 qt jug. Their store branded Supertech oil would be the best deal at $15 per 5 qt jug.

9. David Towle

David Towle Well-Known Member

Remember there are huge variations in how synthetics are made, they can use 3 different types of base stocks (group 3 reconstructed , 4 polyalphaolefins or 5 esters polyglycols and silicones). The mixes vary dramatically by manufacturer. The hard part is figuring out which is best for which engine and operating conditions. By spending more on Mobil 1 or other name brands you might or might not be getting your money's worth, and from what I've seen figuring this out is impossible.

10. David Towle

David Towle Well-Known Member

Oh and by the way the Costco price for 5 quarts is about the same as my local dealer charges for synthetic oil and filter change ($12.99)