Honda press release on 2020 Clarity PHEV models

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Dan McInerney, Jan 16, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

3. Technobody

Technobody New Member

No mention of California only availability.

4. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

"New for the 2020 model year is an updated Acoustic Vehicle Alert System (AVAS) that functions whenever the car is operating at low speeds on electric power only (unless in Park), enhancing awareness for pedestrians, bicyclists and other road users."

That's what's new. I'm somewhat grateful that it'll make it that much easier to get parts for my 2018. :)

Dusty and KentuckyKen like this.
  5. I’ll be pleased if they don’t issue a service bulletin that changes the tune my AWACS plays.

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

What tune do you receive from the Airborne Warning and Control System planes manned by our wonderful US Air Force warriors and how much is the subscription?

8. Normally this would be classified information. I am, however, willing to share it with this group. Don’t tell anyone.

It is currently running a Steve Miller Band loop that includes, Jet Airliner, Fly Like an Eagle, Space Cowboy and Gangster of Love.

9. petteyg359

That's actually an interesting idea. If only the pedestrian warning sound were actually customizable... some nice dubstep ought to get them out of the damn road...

CyberDyneSystems likes this.
  10. Maybe a Bluetooth speaker under the hood and Pandora.

Probably illegal.

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. I'm going with Slayer, "It's raining blood" :) :) :) :)

13. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

What, I wonder, is my 2018 doing, then - am I imagining the sound?

Also glad to learn of this change: "...and Ultrasude® interior trim...". It's about time they dropped the suede from the Touring model and replaced it with sude...

14. petteyg359

I'm hoping that was a typo and they meant Ultrasuds. Soapy clean all the time :)