Clarity Seats....uncomfortable?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by NJClarity, Jun 30, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. jorgie393

jorgie393 Well-Known Member

Ah. That’s too bad. Could play with the drivers seat and learn if/what angle of cushion would be needed for the passenger seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Wayne Wilson

Wayne Wilson Member

Correct, also no height adjustment or at least not high enough. I looked into elevating it but it will require custom welding, I bought 2 or 3 highly rated seat cushions and returned them all, poor fit and little additional support. We just can’t take multi day drives in it. And before you tell me to buy another car, I can’t afford to take the financial hit, I looked into it. Caveat emptor applies here and I research excessively, just not enough. Don’t get me wrong, the car has turned me into an EV convert, instead of a non-plug hybrid, so in that sense I think it’s a great car.

4. Dusty

Dusty New Member

I find the Clarity seats comfortable, but found the seats in our 2012 Toyota Prius V were more comfortable. The Prius had adjustable lumbar support that was great on long trips. This being said, I do not find the Clarity seats uncomfortable but the addition of lumbar support would be appreciated.

5. kr2346

kr2346 New Member

yes! have a brand new 2019 clarity pulg in hybrid touring. at first interior seems very nice, plush, and stylish. in the dealer, i wasnt aware of how uncomfortable the seats are, it was only after the fact after i drove in it for a while that i realized how terrible they are. i thought i was going crazy. very awkwardly straight back rest with no lumbar support. definitely very, VERY uncomfortable. trying to find a solution. luckily its my wife's car, but still would be nice to be able to sit in it!

6. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

Some find the seats comfortable, some do not. We are pleased with the seats, even after several hours driving on a long trip.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Also happy with the seats. I keep my seat tipped back a bit and do have lumbar support that is noticeable.

9. ClarityBill

ClarityBill Active Member

I have the base model, and found the seats unbearable (I am doing 40,000+ per year).

I have the seat tipped 'way' back. I am tipped back far enough that I had to move the seat forward to reach the steering wheel. (6'2" 230#)

I added a wedge shaped cushion backwards, to give additional thigh support.

10. Nemesis

Nemesis Active Member

I'm 5'9" and 190 and find the seats very comfortable. Drove from Boston to Atlanta twice (non stop) so far and many trips to NY and I'm really happy. My wife or kids never mentioned the seats feel uncomfortable and are sleeping like babies once I hit the road.