Saw a Clarity at...

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Dante, Mar 19, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

Must have given up in despair.

Clarity_Newbie likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

So... We drove cross country from NJ to Vancouver (wait - not on the Clarity but on our Ody), and then sailed to Alaska. And drove back... 7500 miles total and NOT A SINGLE CLARITY once we got halfway through PA, and same until we got back in PA.

We drove through Colorado and got west through Portalnd. There we saw again Teslas and Leafs, but that's it. Was surprised with the number of Leafs we saw in Juneau. But no Clarity...

4. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

I live in southwestern Mississippi, about 2 hours north of New Orleans. Every year I drive from here to Philadelphia, PA, crossing MS, AL, GA, TN, WV, MD and PA (and usually into NY) and I have, once, seen a Clarity (with Texas plates) just outside Tuscaloosa, AL, near the Mercedes factory. As for seeing a Clarity in MS, I've only ever seen the one sitting in my garage, which I had to go to Baton Rouge, LA, (135 miles away) to purchase. On the interstate from New Orleans to Chicago that passes my town, last year I saw a Gen1 Volt and yesterday I saw a Gen2 Leaf - but have yet to see a Tesla, Bolt or any other EV or PHEV.

5. r1ptide64

r1ptide64 New Member

Living in Wisconsin, I was convinced I'd never lay eyes on another Clarity unless travelling to the west coast. But lo and behold, I saw one at work earlier this week (with Minnesota tags), less than three months since I bought mine.

I think it must have belonged to one of our customers -- we were hosting a conference for them all of this week, and this Clarity was parked in a lot that's supposed to be off-limits to employees. Black/touring, my Clarity's twin :p

6. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

I saw one white/black roof fuel cell yesterday at Thousand Oaks, CA ( a little town between LA and Ventura). Parked one spot away from mine. Didn't dare to take a picture but the fuel cell has awesome details... If the owner is on this forum and can read this, congratulations, your car looks awesome!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

I have thought about spray painting my wheel inserts black because they look good on the fuel cell, at least in photos I have never seen one in person. You can buy the black inserts but they are very expensive.

9. M. Shah

M. Shah Member

I keep seeing the clarity in Chicago all the time. Have seen a crimson red in deer park and saw a red one at ohare Friday night

10. Bo Lee

Bo Lee New Member

I parked next to 2 other Claritys at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. 20190901_184918.jpg 20190901_195151.jpg 20190901_184918.jpg 20190901_195151.jpg

Central Penn, MPower and Candice like this.
  11. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

20190909_162048.jpg Beautiful evening sunlight at the Coop in Montpelier. Could not resist parking next to the first stationary Clarity I have ever seen in the wild. WOOT!

laptop likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Turned from Northbound Anasazi to Eastbound Summerlin Parkway. We followed them down the on ramp.

20190918_150713.jpg 20190918_150730.jpg 20190918_150748.jpg

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    laptop likes this.
  14. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

Today afternoon at Zuma beach, CA. Dark gray PHEV. Interestingly, in an almost empty beach parking lot on a weekday, three spots to the right of mine.

15. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

I forgot to post this early this summer.. The only Clarity in stock...

E41743B4-2A12-4230-9F6A-34F86D4DA849.jpeg 78481A26-4476-42A8-B6B2-64D1304A9381.jpeg

descolado likes this.
  16. M. Shah

M. Shah Member

That's not a clarity

17. descolado

descolado Member

Back in May, in Fort Lauderdale. I'm on the left. :)

Clarity Twin.jpg

laptop likes this.
  18. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

It's the first Clarity, the FCX Clarity, the first hydrogen-powered Clarity that Honda leased. Very few people got to drive one; one was Jamie Lee Curtis. I don't understand how that FCX Clarity can be "in stock" because that lease program ended.

M. Shah likes this.
  19. Texas22Step

Texas22Step Well-Known Member

UPDATE #2: Woo-woo-hoo! Saw my second Clarity PHEV in the wild whiz by on a major street near from my house! Was a white one, with what appeared to be very new Texas plates, so it may have been a special-order car recently put into service. Still looking for that first unicorn though ....

20. laptop

laptop Member

Hi folks! I drive a grey one in the Fairfield CT county area and I have seen 2 other unicorns. A white in. Norwalk and a grey one on route 15.

Like others have said, I always check the wheel covers!

Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Anyone in the area?

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

21. JCA

JCA Active Member

I didn't get a picture because it was dark and the cars were parked far apart, but last night I was at a meeting with about 15 people, and there were *3* Clarities -- one Hydrogen Fuel Cell, one Battery Electric, and one PHEV (mine). High percentage and high diversity of types!

22. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

Oh no, the three horsemen, correction... Clarities of the apocalypse!

Domenick and KentuckyKen like this.
  23. Outside of LA, I saw a maroon one (not sure what the official Honda color is on that one) in Scottsdale, AZ around Dec 17th and a Modern Steel one in Eugene, OR on Dec 30th that looked to be headed to the airport.

Domenick likes this.