Is there a way to disable smart cruise control

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Dan Pasch, Jan 4, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Dan Pasch

Dan Pasch Member

I have the canadian base model 2019, i had someone back into my car in a parking lot and damage the front bumper and appears it has caused issues with the radar. there was no cameras where the car was parked and no notes left, i didnt know until a day later when cruise control was acting up. anyways where smart cruise control wont engage, is there some way to just switch it to regular cruise control or am i SOL? i thought i seen someone say something about holding the distant butto to disable it, but no such luck for me

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. mikeselectricstuff

mikeselectricstuff Active Member

Have you checked that it's not simply a bent mounting bracket for (or debris in front of) the radar sensor?

4. Etienne Savard

Etienne Savard New Member

Push the cruise control button. Then hold down the distance button on the driving wheel (right hand side, at the bottom left). You will see SCC OFF notification or something like that. That's it, you're in regular cruise control mode.

5. SkookumPete

SkookumPete Well-Known Member

US manual p. 5-104.

6. Dan Pasch

Dan Pasch Member

havent pulled the bumper cover off yet to see, thats the plan today

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Dan Pasch

Dan Pasch Member

must be disabled when the radar isnt working as expected because ive pressed an held it for 2 seconds as per the manual with no pop up