1 year anniversary today

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by David in TN, Dec 22, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

Purchased my 2018 a year ago.

Pros:
    - just over 16,000 miles.
    - $280 is gasoline for the past 12 months. Was averaging $130/month in my 2017 Honda Civic Si that I traded.
    - Rides great.
    - I'm finding a variety of places where I get to charge, for free.
    - People ask me about it on a regular basis.
    - Great blend of technology (it's not perfect, but more advanced than any other previous vehicle.)

Cons:
    - technology
    - slow infotainment system.
    - Android Auto kicks out occasionally.
    - Occasional issues with HondaLink.
    - Can't adjust the clock while moving (I travel between Central and Eastern time regularly.)
    - angry bees at times (longer trips.)
    - lumbar adjustment would be welcome.
    - tire/wheel combo (prone to curb rash)
    - CHAdeMO charging ability
    - ability to see actual KW usage vs tach-style power gauge.

Would I purchase it again? Absolutely!! In fact, there is a possibility that I might upgrade to a 2019 Touring soon (if I can get all the details worked out - might or might not happen.)

My "perfect" vehicle, at this time, would be a PHEV CR-V Touring with ~25,000 battery, yielding about 60 miles EV-only mode.

jdonalds likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. DucRider

DucRider Well-Known Member

Only parts of the Nissan Alliance still ship vehicles (outside of Japan) with CHAdeMO. Everyone else (except of course Tasla) uses CCS (including Honda), and new DCFC stations are being installed at better than 4:1 CCS over CHAdeMO.

4. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

Good to know; however, around where I live, there are probably 15 CHAdeMO (free) locations. Maybe I'm just in a time-warp! :)

Oh, wait - I'm in the backyard of Nissan. Their main US plant, Smyrna, TN, is about 10 miles from me. Maybe that explains the local concentration...

Kerbe likes this.