New Clarity in The Driveway!

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by NU2EV, Dec 16, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. NU2EV

NU2EV New Member

I picked up my new Clarity Touring model (white w/ Beige interior) this past Saturday. I absolutely love this car! Drives like a charm. I'm doing my best to learn the ins/outs of driving the clarity. I've learned quite a bit thus far, just surfing through this forum and on the web. It took two long trips from MA to LI to make this work and I am so happy that I didn't take the path of least resistance and "settle" for something different. The Clarity was the best choice on paper for me and I'm very happy to see it in my driveway. My wife and kids share the same feelings as well! I'm sure there will be many questions to come. Thanks for everyones help!

Kerbe, hamr4267, Texas22Step and 3 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

Yep. Super cool. We all remember that feeling. And I'd say it stays (at least in my case). More than 1 year later, still excited to drive the car.

Robert_Alabama likes this.
  4. jorgie393

jorgie393 Well-Known Member

Congratulations. Particularly happy for you since this was a bit of a leap of faith. Enjoy the car-I sure love mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

After 2 years, I still get excited when driving our luxurious Clarity Touring--especially in EV Drive mode. However, when it makes sense to switch (or I'm forced to accept) HV, I enjoy the extra 60 horsepower and the challenge of maintaining "gear mode" (on the e-way when the gear icon appears between the wheels on the center display to indicate the engine is connected through the single-speed gearbox to the wheels for max MPGs). Our 2010 CVT Insight hybrid is so boring (and gas-guzzling) by comparison. It can't go even 10 feet under EV power.

LAF and Texas22Step like this.
  6. Agzand

Agzand Active Member

Yes, it is fun to explore various operating options of the car (HV, HV charge, etc.) Also don't forget to switch to sport mode and high regen once in a while and have some fun!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. NU2EV

NU2EV New Member

Question:What is the best mode to be in while at idle for a period of time? I typically go to the gym early in the morning and sit/relax in my car drinking coffee/reading for 30-45 min before it opens. It’s sort of a ritual. Likewise, I pick my son up at school a couple of times a week and like to be first in, first out. That usually translates to a 30-45 min idle as well. I’m guessing HV?

9. Agzand

Agzand Active Member

For idling, EV is the best mode. If you use AC or heater, the car might run the engine as needed automatically.

Pegsie likes this.
  10. NU2EV

NU2EV New Member

Been idling for a bit now. ICE kicks in every so often. Charge remains unaffected. Thank you!

Kerbe likes this.
  11. Candice

Candice Active Member

You can also shut the car off and use the preconditioning if you need it.

Kerbe likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. NU2EV

NU2EV New Member

I'm not yet familiar with preconditioning. I'll read more about it as it seems to be a good use.

14. LAF

LAF Active Member

with 120 charger at home you can precondition from the app as long as plugged in and fully charged from the night before. or just on the street.

NU2EV likes this.
  15. NU2EV

NU2EV New Member

I'm curious about using public Level 2 chargers. Is it a simple process? Is there an App that I would need to use or is it just a matter of paying via credit card, plugging in and getting the charge?

16. LAF

LAF Active Member

download Charge Point App and just show your phone screen and start

17. NU2EV

NU2EV New Member

Thank you!

18. ClarityBill

ClarityBill Active Member

The PlugShare app will also give a map of chargers in the area. Along with reviews, and other information.

19. NU2EV

NU2EV New Member

Thank you! Downloaded the ChargePoint and PlugShare Apps. Found a charging spot about a minute and a half away for a charge.