Put in a Cybertruck reservation

Discussion in 'Cybertruck' started by 47of74, Nov 22, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 47of74

47of74 New Member

I’m not sold on the Cybertruck but I’ll see what the production version looks like and decide then if I want to go ahead with getting a Cybertruck.

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. interestedinEV

interestedinEV Well-Known Member

It is only $100 deposit but and I did put the deposit in, but here are my concerns
    1. It is going to come out only in 2021, so it about 2 years interest free loan to Tesla
    2. Rivian is coming out in 2020 and the Ford F150 in 2020/21. They are going to be costlier, and so everything depends on Tesla being able to keep this price
    3. I may just get tired of waiting and go another way

4. Re-Volted

Re-Volted New Member

I think a lot of us are "hedging our bets" for whatever reason. I figured a Y is likely for me if I can afford it when I need it, providing it can tow a little trailer, but if the truck comes available at the base price it really has merit. So ya, I'm in too.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

5. My son put in a reservation. He doesn't like the looks, but the specs sound good, and is surprisingly cheap (same price as he paid for his M3). Had nothing to lose with a refundable $100 deposit.

6. gooki

gooki Well-Known Member

Cybertruck for me. The wait gives me time to save up. What appeals to me:

Six seats
    Covered bed
    Raw body finish (no paint)
    Ground clearance
    Price
    Range

I opted for the cheapest one. AWD would be nice but Tesla traction control is very good.

electriceddy and NeilBlanchard like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. chphilo

chphilo New Member

I personally did not fare well with Ford in the past, so it is not a good option for me.

I was interested in Rivian . . . then the Cybertruck came out. Rivian underwhelms me now, hauls less, tows less, slower. For a lot of people, 4.6 ft bed will be a deal-breaker.

9. [​IMG]:)

cocoboy likes this.
  10. cocoboy

cocoboy New Member

That $100 deposit is probably looking very juicy now with people wanting to jump the queue. Best case scenario you can buy it and flog it for double the price.

11. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

In Australia does "flog it" mean what "flip it" means in the US, which is to resell it? To me, "flogging" means rough treatment, pushing a vehicle to its limits. Sort of like how Tesla has been flogging its patient, hopeful Cybertruck customers for years.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2023
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

I believe that is correct in this context. Think of it as a way for getting the maximum work from a sailing crew.

Bob Wilson

cocoboy likes this.
  14. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Do sailboat captains resell their crews the minute they come aboard?

cocoboy likes this.
  15. cocoboy

cocoboy New Member

Haha yeah flog it usually means to get rid of something cheaply but can be used in the context of just selling something and as you say can also mean to drive a car hard. Its all in the context :)

16. cocoboy

cocoboy New Member

haha