Clarity Retreat to California

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Cengiz Tanverdi, Nov 23, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Cengiz Tanverdi

Cengiz Tanverdi New Member

How does this affect Clarity owners for repairs outside California?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

I don’t think it will have any affect since most dealers can’t be any more clueless about the Clarity than they already are.
    My dealer’s mechanics have to look up every repair or maintenance item on Honda’s server since they’ve never worked on one before. Fortunately Honda provides step by step instructions with pictures.

Mowcowbell, DaleL, insightman and 2 others like this.
  4. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Agree with Ken, every dealer no matter where they are located will be in varying degrees of proficiency when it comes to servicing a Clarity.

5. DucRider

DucRider Well-Known Member

You can strike "a Clarity" from the above as it applies to all vehicles.

Kerbe and Mowcowbell like this.
  6. Cengiz Tanverdi

Ken’s observation is right on target. The only downsides I see are expensive repairs and low resale/trade in value. Otherwise I love my Clarity and will keep it as long as it runs or 8 years for battery warranty.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

When I handed a copy of the Clarity DPI to the Service Manager at the dealership where I purchased the vehicle he said, "Where did you get this?" I responded, "Online, why?" "Because I've never seen this!" he replied...

KentuckyKen likes this.
  9. Andrew97

Andrew97 Member

How come "retreat"??? No more sales? Is the clarity dead?

10. DucRider

DucRider Well-Known Member

Honda's decided that the 2019 model would be special order everywhere but California (the only State dealers would be allowed to order them for inventory). Likely the same for the 2020 model, but no official statements as of yet.

11. Industrial

Industrial New Member

I imagine the clarity was part of meeting federal emissions targets which have been scaled back in the current political climate. California still has the authority to impose their own clean air standards. Why sell a negative margin product to meet an expired compliance target?

bpratt likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Cengiz Tanverdi

Makes sense. More the reason Clarity owners should stick together.
    Is this the best support group for Clarity? Is there a bigger one?