Front FCA camera.

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by FloridaSun, Nov 17, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

Is there a way like on Tealas to access the FCA camera in the windshield and record video?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. If you find one you'll be the first.
    And then let us know ...

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

4. Dan Pasch

Dan Pasch Member

I'm going to email hyundai tomorrow to find out, as someone backed into the front of my car last thurs night ( I didnt know until friday morning when i was trying to figure out why my FCA was throwing a blocked warning and seen the front :'(

FloridaSun and Esprit1st like this.
  5. doggyworld

doggyworld Active Member

Did it damage the charging port? I always wonder how fragile that plastic piece is.

6. Dan Pasch

Dan Pasch Member

no what it looks like is it was a truck with trailer hitch that hit the bumper, it has a square mark the size of a hitch about the centre of the bumper. it didnt hit the charge port, the car works as normal except FCA. no word from hyundai yet, i honestly dont think they will tell me what i want to hear, but we will see

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Co worker had his Honda accord front end backed into not once but twice by 2 different pick ups with hitches. Fortunately the owners left notes and was able to recoup the repair costs. Use of the Kona front camera would be an excellent addition if at all possible.

ehatch likes this.
  9. ehatch

ehatch Active Member

Hyundai may be the only one who has the video.Get a dash cam with G-sensor, wire it into your vehicle to always be on. I use a Magellan,and it has been quite good, including night vision.Hope more vehicles at least offer a front,back camera that records, soon.Tesla cam is great because it uses existing cameras for a 360 view. Park your ride in as wide a space as possible,or further away from where you're headed?

I was "attacked"over the weekend as I accelerated onto the freeway .The car ahead of me changed lanes into the center one to get ahead of me,and nearly rammed a transport,plus side swipe a SUV in the left lane.I stayed in the outside merge lane.After watching this,I pulled behind that vehicle,and went into the fast lane
    .This is when I saw the reckless driver yelling at me from his vehicle.I saw his expression,motioning as I did a my side checks.I thought he was going to ram me. Needless to say I raced ahead to put space between us. Having that footage would've protected me if that driver tried to come after me.​

10. mikeselectricstuff

mikeselectricstuff Active Member

No, the camera only has a CAN bus connection, which doesnt have the bandwidth to do anything with video. Dashcams are not exactlty expensive these days..

11. So the camera does all the lane finding calculations itself, and then just sends commands to the car to steer, brake etc? Interesting!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

12. To remove this ad click here.