Android Auto has become a slug

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by petteyg359, Nov 14, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

I don't know if Google broke something or my phone is weird, but I think this is a hardware problem with the Clarity. I've noticed recently that it takes multiple seconds to respond to any touch input at all, whether maps, music, or anything else. Anybody else having horrible usability issues with Android Auto? I'm getting impatient for a recall on that tablet from 2001 when somebody's reverse or Lane-watch camera shows 5-second-old video and causes a wreck.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Babylar

Babylar New Member

Reboot your head unit. I don't remember the exact sequence, but when my android auto stopped working, that solved my problem. Turning off the engine does not reboot the unit.

4. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

Try doing a reset by holding down the tablet power button in the upper left corner marked Audio.

The right side rear view camera image is laggy in my Clarity. Sometimes I've made the right turn before the image appears.
    The whole system is slow, but I don't believe mine has slowed down since it was new.

ClarityDoc likes this.
  5. ClarityDoc

ClarityDoc Active Member

Not having trouble here with the dash unit or my Android Auto.

On my phone I'm running Android 10, build QP1A.191105.004

6. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Mine is still working quite well. Waze and Google Maps respond quickly. Google Pixel XL running Android 10.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

Android Auto seems to work fine on my Clarity with a Samsung S10+. I think it may be even better since the most recent update. I like the new UI better than the previous one.

Kerbe likes this.
  9. TomL

TomL Active Member

Same for me with older Samsung Galaxy J7 and S7 phones. Android Auto works fine.

10. cokeb5

cokeb5 Member

Mine is very responsive when it works, however 30% of the time it fails to connect and the only way to get it to connect is to reboot both the phone and the head unit. Sometimes I have to forget my device from the head unit as well. But very rarely do I get slow responsiveness like you're suggesting.

11. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Well, if I ever thought to stop drinking the Apple kool-aide and go Android, this thread and others certainly put the kibosh on that idea.
    iPhone 7 and Charge Point Home;
    No. Problems. Ever.
    Sorry, that really wasn’t very helpful, was it?

12. To remove this ad click here.