The Clarity's bizarre eco driving score?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by CyberDyneSystems, Nov 9, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. One of the few things I have found, lets' just say "less than perfect" on the Clarity, is the absolutely inconsistant driving score.

I came from a Prius (Prime) , and spent a good deal of time playing around with "Hyper-miling" (doing absolutely everything at my disposal to see how far I get on a charge or gallon of gas.) The Prius has a pretty darn good score system (0-100) to help you along with this. When you really drive to eek out every mile, you get scores in the upper 80's-upper 90's.

One thing i noticed almost immediately with the Clarity is that it's "score" with the Trees and 3 bars seems to have zero parallel with how economically I drive.

Last night was the clincher. I was driving home from work late at night, and had the back-roads to myself, and on the highway few enough "obstacles" that I could really go, and not get hung up behind slow drivers poking along at 58 in the left lane.

In a nutshell, I through all economy out the window and took the chance to really push the Clarity. High 80MPH all the way, touched 90 for the first time,. all on battery, which was getting eaten up at a far faster rate than I had ever seen before (I really am usually a very reserved driver)
    I was passing a lot, changing lanes a lot, and accelerating harder and faster than I ever have.

When I pulled into the driveway I was ASTOUNDED to see a perfect driving score, with a medal awarded for the first time. ???

What gives?
    It was the WORST most ill advised and least eco friendly driving I had done in years!

Ken7 likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Clarity_Newbie

Clarity_Newbie Active Member

CyberDyneSystems likes this.
  4. I looked at that screen once, for about 3 seconds, and realized that I had just wasted another 3 seconds of my life.

If I get more than 48 miles per charge or more than 48mpg, I’ve done better than what the engineers designed.

No prize is awarded and no trees are planted, regardless of how delicately or aggressively we drive the car.

jdonalds and CyberDyneSystems like this.
  5. Ken7

Ken7 Active Member

Couldn't agree more. I find this rating absolutely useless. I don't even pay attention to it anymore.

jdonalds and CyberDyneSystems like this.
  6. After reading the original post again, it is apparent that your Clarity has been hacked by the power company and, most likely, by at least one major oil company. This was accomplished thru Hondalink, a Smart meter, SiriusXM, Siri, Alexa, Nest, Ring or some other life-altering convenience device.

Your environmentally destructive driving habits are now being rewarded with mesmerizing green plant icons. There is no turning back.

CyberDyneSystems likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. David Towle

David Towle Well-Known Member

After the first month I've never gotten anything but perfect scores. Yes its useless.

CyberDyneSystems and MPower like this.
  9. I see, it was most likely when I accidentally connected the Bluetooth of the Clarity to my X-Box's controller inputs while playing "Need for Speed VII, Electric Bugaloo"