Tire balancing issues

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Robbert, Nov 8, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Robbert

Robbert Active Member

Anyone have any issues with getting tires balanced for this car? I switched to Michelin CrossClimate+, and the first set had to be rebalanced, but they couldn’t get it right and said the tires were ‘hoppy’. Second set was put on a week ago and are also vibrating at 65mph+. I’m about to go back in and have them rebalance it again. If they still don’t get it, I’ll take it to the dealer and pay them to rebalance.
    Hard to believe that a tire brand such as Michelin would have two bad sets of tires in a row. Just wondering if it’s an artifact of the type of tires combined with the car. Have you guys had any issues when you swapped tires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Kitsilano

Kitsilano Active Member

[QUOT pE="Robbert, post: 83421, member: 16713"]Anyone have any issues with getting tires balanced for this car? I switched to Michelin CrossClimate+, and the first set had to be rebalanced, but they couldn’t get it right and said the tires were ‘hoppy’. Second set was put on a week ago and are also vibrating at 65mph+. I’m about to go back in and have them rebalance it again. If they still don’t get it, I’ll take it to the dealer and pay them to rebalance.
    Hard to believe that a tire brand such as Michelin would have two bad sets of tires in a row. Just wondering if it’s an artifact of the type of tires combined with the car. Have you guys had any issues when you swapped tires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    I swapped out the Nexens for Nokian all-weather tires. Tire installer (very experienced guy) complained about the low quality of Hyundai rims---lack of precision compared with BMW, for example, which he rated as the best. BMW rims more expensive, of course. They got into the discussion because of cars I have owned previously. But I have no problem with vibration at high speeds.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  4. Robbert

Robbert Active Member

The tire place I used didn't complain about the rims, but they seem to think it's the tires themselves. And this is the 2nd set. If they say this set is bad too, I'll have them swap it with Nokians as well. WRG4 was my second choice after the Michelins...