HondaLink Android App Update Version 4.1.0 (10/31/19), have you updated?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Rav, Nov 1, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

My S10+ updated last night. I checked the find my car and it showed it all cozy in the garage. This evening I parked across the road and HondaLink found it right away and showed it across the road. I never have used the preconditioning since it is for wussies and I charge on 120v.

Clarity_Newbie likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

MPower, get 240v, come on man, everyone is doing it. ;)

I have my preconditioning set for about 15-30 minutes before I normally leave for work. I do have a 240v EVSE. Anyway, I like it so well; it's like grabbing socks out of the dryer on a cold day. You hop in the car and it's pre-warmed, and in my car's case very warm.

And in a practical sense, I then can minimize my use of battery killing heat on the way to work. Of course I'm sure it matters what part of the country you live in. Where I am, from here on out, the temperatures go from cool to cold, and maybe not warm for another six months.

4. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

Good grief, the next thing you'll be telling me to turn the thermostat at home up to 67. I'll have to break out my bikini.

I am not sure I want to go round with the condo association about 240v access in our communal garage. The truth is that on a daily basis, even on several local trips I rarely exceed one battery full. If I go further most of the places are one battery away so I have to use HV. So for my use case I don't really have the impetus to start trying to figure out how to get 240 to the garage.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019