Winter tires very $$$$$$$ or not?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Andrew97, Oct 26, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Andrew97

Andrew97 Member

So i got some continental viking contact 7 for 190$ per tire, size 215/55/17 with rims for 89$ each at Honda dealership. So the total with installation and taxes QC/Canada is around 1400$CA.

I didn't expect to pay THAT MUCH for winter tires.
    Also if i go for 235/45/18 on original Clarity PHEV 2019 rims is around the same price.

How much did you guys pay and do I pay to much?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Are you satisfied with the purchase?

Someone is going to tell you they found a set of wheels at a garage sale for $50 and their buddy at the tire shop had a set of lightly used tires for $200. Then you won’t be able to sleep at night.

4. Andrew97

Andrew97 Member

I don't get your message?

5. If you feel that you paid a fair price for the products that you purchased and you are pleased with their performance, what difference will it make to learn that someone else may have purchased the same or similar products for more or less than you paid?

6. Mike95465

Mike95465 Member

I actually got my tires from a guy on Craigslist who worked at an auto shop with lightly used Blizzaks for $200. Too weird.

Got them mounted on rims I also bought on Craigslist today. Installed them and noticed they put one on backwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danks likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

A winter tire and wheel package for $1400 CA seems like a reasonable deal. Report back sometime on how you like the tires.

9. Danks

Danks Active Member

It should make you feel OK that I paid $1,108 USD for 4 Michelin X-Ice tires + 4 Vision Cross wheels at Discount Tire. Size 215/55/17. Convert to CA is $1,448. I thought I did OK given I don't have a friend working at a tire shop giving me a deal on used Blizzaks.

10. RickSE

RickSE Active Member

That’s about what I paid for my snow tires and wheels as well. I put them on myself each year which also serves to rotate the tires at the same time. My OEM tires will last twice as long which is a nice bonus.

11. Andrew97

Andrew97 Member

Okay sounds good, thanks every one. I feel like i've could save some money going to a cheap garage but is fine ill rather have peace of mind and good tires for the winters we have here.

12. To remove this ad click here.