When does Drive Info reset itself?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Francois, Oct 15, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Francois

Francois Active Member

In the dashboard menu, there is an option to manually reset the "Accumulated Info" section back to zero.

However there is no such option to reset the "Drive Info" section. I know that it eventually resets itself because it is back to zero in the morning but I am not clear as to what triggers its reset.

Is it every night at midnight? After X hours that the car has been turned off? After X hours of being plugged?

eastpole likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

Great question for the Niro, too!

(Wish I knew the answer)

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

4. dheatherly

dheatherly New Member

I read somewhere - maybe here - it resets at 2AM.

5. I could not recall the source but I believe that it resets after the car is unused for at least 4 hours.

FloridaSun likes this.
  6. SkookumPete

SkookumPete Well-Known Member

That is on p. 3-92 of the US manual.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Francois

Francois Active Member

Just found this video of a guy as baffled as I am. I think the system has a bug of some kind.

9. Francois

Francois Active Member

From what I've read in the comments on YouTube, you're likely right on the 4 hours. Still feels like a weird arbitrary number. They should have put two trip modes, both resettable at the push of a button. Weird design choice.

robxb likes this.
  10. SkookumPete

This has been discussed under another thread, and I'm afraid Nigel is just sowing confusion with this video, which he ought to take down because it is utterly wrong. He doesn't even mention the Consumption Info screen, and thinks the reset options for that screen should apply to some other screen.

The three info screens and their reset options are laid out clearly in the manual.

My only complaint is the labelling. Who's to know that "accumulated info" works just like a trip meter? Or that "drive info" is more like a day log?

11. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

While I have a Niro EV, this system should be quite similar to the Kona. I agree that the nomenclature is NOT intuitive. I would also like a lifetime accumulated data set that persists, as well as two resettable trip computers.

PS - That info for the Niro is on page 5 -- 63-64 of the manual.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

Yes, that's it.. I figured that out myself.. If I take my lunch break less than 4 hours after arriving at work, it adds to my last trip.. If I leave for lunch break over 4 hours after I arrive at work, the trip odometer and all other info reset to zero.

electriceddy and KiwiME like this.
  14. SkookumPete

I read it somewhere, I seem to recall, I saw on Youtube… RTFM!

15. Francois

Francois Active Member

I wonder if the lifetime could be surfaced through odb2? Does any torque pro veteran know if it can be done?

16. Surely the "Accumulated Info" already provides this if you don't reset it?
    The OBD2 data available includes total kWh drawn from the battery (CED) since new, and you have the odometer. The CED cannot be reset and it includes all power used by the car. The best you could do with this information is capture it periodically, say weekly or monthly, and plot that over the year to see the seasonal effects.
    The problem is that will not account for regen charging while you drive. If you want that included, you would need to read the OBD2 data before and after each charge event, which could be a pain.

17. I think the official answer would be "a while".

18. styx66

styx66 New Member

I can second this. I get to work at 8am. If i go to lunch after noon, its reset. if i get back from lunch after 1, my trip info is still in memory at 5pm when i head home. Leave before noon and end before 1, and it's reset when i get in the car at 5.