Navigation Map Update problem

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Hi.Ho.Silver, Oct 11, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Hi.Ho.Silver

Hi.Ho.Silver Active Member

I have updated my Clarity Navigation system two times successfully in the past via Garmin Express on my Windows 10 based PC. I am trying to update to version 2020.0 and everything works okay until the step on download to the memory stick. At this point there is no download taking place despite it indicating "Downloading Maps" as step 2 of the process. I have tried it several times on two different memory sticks with the same result. Has anyone updated recently to 2020.0 or have thoughts on this?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

It took over an hour for the download. Did you wait longer than 5 minutes to see download progress?

4. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

Try a new memory stick, if you have not already done that. I don’t mean a different one, I mean a brand new one.

5. Hi.Ho.Silver

I've tried two memory sticks that work perfectly for other downloads, etc. This includes the memory stick that I 'Dedicated" to this activity 18 months ago and used successfully for two upgrades previously.

6. bpratt

bpratt Active Member

I started a download about 10 minutes ago. It is running slowly but it shows a Rate: 1.3 MB/s, 4.4% complete and Time Remaining: 1 hour, 26 minutes. I am using the same memory stick I used last time.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Hi.Ho.Silver

just tried again after reading your post. Something must be blocking the download to my PC.

9. bpratt

bpratt Active Member

my download is still running after an hour. It now shows 32 minutes remaining. Can you see anything on your memory stick using file explorer? Have you tried stopping your virus protection software?

10. bpratt

bpratt Active Member

It just completed after 1 hour 33 minutes.

11. 1. Delete all files from the USB. If that doesn't work

2. Reformat the drive using FAT. I know it was probably already formatted, but do it again.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Harold lowery

Harold lowery New Member

I just did mine today and it took a bit over one hour with no issues. There is no need to run the car to install it. Your can do it with the car sitting in driveway just on accessory setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

14. Hi.Ho.Silver

FINALLY! I was able to download and complete the install this morning. I believe that there is something in Google Chrome that was preventing the download. I did a reboot of my PC and started the download without opening any apps.. It began downloading and after a few minutes I opened the Chrome browser to do some other work. Within a few seconds the download stopped. Another reboot and I started the download over (this time “leaving the PC alone”). It completed in under an hour.

15. DucRider

DucRider Well-Known Member

After reading this thread, decided to try the download yesterday.
    Total time a bit less than an hour for the download and install to the car (in accessory mode).
    Had Chrome open and in use while downloading with no noticeable slowdown.

Usually use my phone for Nav, but not a bad plan to have somewhat updated maps in the Garmin app. Map copyright was 2016 on my 2018 Clarity, update is 2018 (likely with data from 2017) - one of the reasons I prefer to use my phone.