Alexa Blue Link Skill

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by tran604, Feb 3, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. tran604

tran604 Member

Was curious if I could use Alexa to control my Kona Electric.
    There is no skill for Alexa Canada at the moment so have to jump through some hoops to get the Blue Link usa skill to install on my Alexa devices.

-Changed Amazon account with a temp us address to be able to install the skill.
    -Had to create a us blue link account and added my car.
    -Blue Link installed and recognized by Alexa.
    -Link Alexa Blue Link app with Blue Link us account.

All seems to be working except when I ask Alexa to lock my car her message is "there is no Bluelink vehicle support associated with BlueLink account."

In the BlueLink usa account page it clearly shows my car as registered.
    Maybe I have to wait for the skill and the account to link up and show the registered car.

Guess ill wait to see if it works next week. Might need sometime for the car to actually register and for the Alexa skill to see it.

zoominbc and CJC like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. CJC

CJC Well-Known Member

Can't help you yet as we don't have our car yet. I wonder if you would have to phone Hyundai Blue Link in the States to get it worked out. I noticed a few people in Canada talked to a Hyundai Blue Link Canada rep to get things working. Just a thought they might help on the phone. Let us know if it starts working without intervention.
    Here is a section of Amazon.com Blue Link and Alexa reviews. There may be some tips in there. I have only read a few, but after dinner I will wade through the comments. https://www.amazon.com/Hyundai-Motor-America-Blue-Link/product-reviews/B01M9H2JCK

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  4. CJC

CJC Well-Known Member

Now that we have Blue Link working, I tried setting up the Alexa Blue Link skill. Got everything registered, but no luck so far with using Alexa Blue Link skills. The service rep that I spoke with to set up my Blue Link said that Canada would get that Alexa skill eventually, but he didn't know the date. He wanted to transfer to Hyundai Customer Relations to ask when, but I didn't want to wait.

5. zoominbc

zoominbc Active Member

Thanks for checking this. I have a feeling that the BlueLink Canadian and US sites have separate databases probably due to the security and privacy issues that GPS tracking raises. The BlueLink app seems to be getting active updates so maybe the Canadian Alexa skill will be not be to far away.

CJC likes this.
  6. When you register for BlueLink, it ask for VIN and Registration Code Recommend?
    Where did you get that Registration code from to complete BlueLink App?
    Thanks

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Francois

Francois Active Member

In my case, the dealer told me on a Thursday that I could pick up my car the following day. Then on Friday I received an email from
    [email protected] which had a few links in it as well as the registration code.

The email also contained a support line for BlueLink. It's: 1-844-258-5656