Warning Light

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by ehatch, Oct 3, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ehatch

ehatch Active Member

Master warning light , plus FCA came on simultaneously today as I reversed into a parking spot.At least this is when I noticed them as they stayed on while I "idled,"and drove away. No collision, radar's clean. Never a dull moment at this point :confused: I do have a service booked for my hiss/squeak/sometimes clunking Kona EV. VERY curious what DTC codes will appear. FCA warning light.jpg master warning light.jpg engine crash icons20191003(1).jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Dang! You're unlucky! Sorry to hear about that!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

4. Very strange indeed - why would Forward collision avoidance come on when reversing ... seems like you were avoiding FCA as best as possible

5. mikeselectricstuff

mikeselectricstuff Active Member

Check if there is anything stuch to the front bumper radar area ( flat section). or blown up between the radar sensor and front bumper

6. I had the exact same lights come on only I was driving on the freeway with no one with in 200 yards of me. It was dark and I was in cruse control at 65 mph. and it just came on and stayed on until exited the freeway about 4 mile later. I came to a complete stop and when I pull away from the stop sign it went out. It did not come on on the return trip home. I am guessing may be I picked up some debris on the bumper that fell off when I stopped maybe a shopping bag or piece of paper that then blew away

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. There was a report somewhere (can't remember if it was this forum) where a leaf blocked the radar (a real one from a tree - not a Nissan).

ehatch likes this.
  9. ehatch

ehatch Active Member

@Fastnf I have ceramic coated the radar to avoid debris. There wasn't anything on the radar given I was in gridlock traffic.MANY stops by the time I pulled over,and noticed the two alerts.

10. Maybe the ceramic coating does something to it occasionally? I doubt it, however I never had problems, even after a 400 mile drive with lots of bugs to wash off.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk