Electric Trucks!

Discussion in 'Other EVs' started by Rob Lay, Oct 12, 2017.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Remarksman likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Harvey

Harvey Member

after the first charge to get up the mountain, it's actually beyong a perpetual motion machine, as it actually charges MORE than it uses.

electriceddy likes this.
  4. 8% more charge every trip down and then they use the extra energy for factory operations, pretty smart.

mho likes this.
  5. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Now that's being energy-efficient, and therefore cost-efficient!

But I hate to praise a company that is -- I assume -- doing strip-mining or open-pit mining. Talk about environmental damage!

6. larrenz

larrenz Member

The Rivian electric truck looks promising, though the front-end looks hideous.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Pushmi-Pullyu

I, for one, welcome our new vertical-oval-eyed overlords.
    :cool:

9. So where else are we going to find our rare element materials need to build EVs and batteries?

10. Pushmi-Pullyu

It's not a matter of where, it's a matter of how damaging to the environment the extraction method is. Traditional mining by tunneling is far less damaging. Of course, it's also more expensive per pound of yield, which is why open pit mining is so commonplace these days.

A fee for environmental damage needs to be included into the cost of everything we buy. Hopefully the younger generations will start moving strongly in that direction, because our generation certainly isn't!