Remote climate not working (is it Satellite Radio?)

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Flyboy, Sep 30, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Flyboy

Flyboy New Member

Hi,

So here is the deal. I have 2018 touring model. Climate control through app worked great for all the time. I don't need to have the car plugged in for climate control remote.

Now it is having connectivity issues all of a sudden. I can still see the car location, charging status etc. But the climate control doesn't turn on through the app. I rebooted the audio system and it worked for a day or two. Back to same issue.

Now I realize that my Sirius XM subscription was up for renewal and I didn't do it. Don't use radio at all. Does that have to do with anything. Climate control works fine through key fob. I did delete app and downloaded it again.

Any other suggestion or advice ? Thanks

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ClarityDoc

ClarityDoc Active Member

I don't have a Sirius subscription for my 2018 Touring, and my climate works fine through the app. That your fob works is a useful piece of data.

Have you tried deleting your climate schedule and then adding a session? I wonder whether it's all climate functions for the app or just the immediate on demand climate function.

4. Flyboy

Flyboy New Member

It is just the on demand climate control that doesn't work. I will try deleting the schedule and the app and setting it up all again.
    Let's see. Will keep you all updated. Thanks.

5. victor_2019

victor_2019 Active Member

I had a lot of trouble with my car originally to get honda link to work. it was displaying some information like odometer or HV range, but could not locate car, show EV range etc.

the only thing that fixed it was to completely delete the car from the honda link account online (not just uninstall the app from my phone) and add the car again to my account, going through the whole process of linking my car to the online account.

fotomoto likes this.
  6. AlanSqB

AlanSqB Active Member

Check your climate settings with the car on. There is some combination of settings that seems to cause an issue. Try leaving it in auto before turning the car off and see if that helps. I’m sure someone will jump in with the answer about what that problematic setting is.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Flyboy

Flyboy New Member

So i tried this. I got a mail to renew my Sirius XM for 3 months for free. I tried that. As soon as I did it. My On demand climate control was back on and running with no glitch or any other issue. Now in 3months will see what happens when it turns off and go from there.

9. Groves Cooke

Groves Cooke Active Member

Well I know that preconditioning the car will cause satellite radio problems unless you reboot the audio system. Maybe there is a connection!?!

10. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

And now SiriusXM has your Credit Card number. They'll nail you at full price unless you call them prior to the 90 days to cancel. Even then, no guarantee they still won't bill you. I let mine expire after the free 90 days when I bought the car.

For music listeners, satellite radio seems pretty useless in these days of high quality commercial-free streaming music services like Amazon and Google.

11. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

Yah, if they have your credit card, good luck canceling their charges. I had to cancel the card I used for that to get the charges stopped, long after I had canceled their service due to poor audio quality.

Though I doubt it’s the case, if there is any function of the car or app that’s tied to SiriusXM, that’s a huge black mark for the infotainment system.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Limey1976

Limey1976 New Member

Most likely a coincidence. HondaLink had been acting up for me since Sunday afternoon. Came back online today.

14. Ohliuw

Ohliuw Active Member

I have the same issue.

I called Honda and was told my car was not activated in the app (which it was as shown in the app).

anyway, I deleted and added again. Then it only worked one and hasn’t been working since. Honda told me to go to the stealership, so I am doing that on Friday. Will post an update.

Btw, I also got some offer for 3 month free stuff from Honda, but I am not doing it for the obvious reason of the hassle when cancelling.

15. Ohliuw

Ohliuw Active Member

Weird, I tried it again this morning and it started... I checked it a minute later, and the battery was down from 100 to 99% and looked the the window and the green charging light was on. the inside temp was reported up to 6 degrees from 5 degrees. But it only seems to have worked for a short time as when I went to my car It was still Very cold and I didn’t hear the fans. The windshield was just a little bit defogged at bottom.

weird...