Maintenance Schedule

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by Lektrons, Sep 26, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Lektrons

Lektrons Active Member

What type of maintenance schedule do you guys follow or recommend for Niro EV? I'm getting messages that my vehicle is due for service but I don't think so?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Gigi

Gigi New Member

Other than DIY stuff (e.g., topping off fluids, maintaining tire pressure), there's not much to do. From the maintenance section in the manual, it looks like--even if you had a dealership with personnel who knew what to do with the EV model--the most they'd likely do would be check off a bunch of "inspection" boxes, replace your air filter, and then try to upsell you on tire rotation/balancing, etc.

4. TandM

TandM Active Member

According to the manual, the first service is due at 7,500 miles (which I am quickly approaching). I plan to take my vehicle in because I want to maintain all of the warranty. It looks like they primarily will just be inspecting most of the systems but I know it is going to be due for a tire rotation and balance. We also have a Leaf and to date when it has gone in for it's scheduled maintenance appointments they haven't tried to upsell me on anything and have only performed the typical things (tire rotation, battery check up, inspect systems, etc. - I change my own cabin filter and they have a note of that in the system so they have never asked).

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  5. Lektrons

Lektrons Active Member

That's what I'm wondering, to keep it in warranty, I can rotate tires, lube hinges, etc. They seem to think I have a gas vehicle with their reminders.

6. Lektrons

Lektrons Active Member

I am approaching that as well which is 12,000 Kms.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. TheHellYouSay

TheHellYouSay Member

I too was curious, as most people are, about maintenance. I saw the page with all the "I"'s on it and that's exactly why I bought the car. I just want to drive the damn thing, not take shuttles to work with strangers so that they can turn wrenches for 2 hours and charge me $599. Cabin filter (which I hope I can do myself) and fluids are about it. I drive it easy, so I suspect the brakes could go for a long long time.