Petro Canada Chargers

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by electriceddy, Sep 24, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Thought I would start a thread as they should soon be coming online.
    The one close to my location is not open yet but I will check it out and report when it opens.
    https://www.plugshare.com/location/198486
    There has been one Kona charging review ( thanks Kenneth Bokor Inside EV member) from Milton Ontario station that is open.
    See at 19:57 of this video
    https://insideevs.com/reviews/372572/video-hyundai-kona-electric-review/
    Seems to have hiccups before finally settling in (so what else is new?) but after restarting supplied 78 kW @51% SOC !
    Hopefully there will be no connection fees if having to restart to achieve this rate.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. d-b

d-b New Member

Used the one in Dorchester, Ontario. Pretty quick to get charging, achieved 78kW as well. I find the cables too short at this location however. Had to park the Kona at an angle to connect.

electriceddy likes this.
  4. Hey, that's where I live! Were you driving through, or from the area?

5. d-b

d-b New Member

Cool! Just driving through on my way to Leamington.

NP27 likes this.
  6. So no restarts required?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. d-b

d-b New Member

Nope. It also sends you a text at start and the end of charge.

9. Bugblndr

Bugblndr Member

I had no problems at the Milton location when I used it 2 weeks ago. Worked great and the price was right!

10. Brennan Raposo

Brennan Raposo Well-Known Member

What was the price if you don't mind my asking?

11. Bugblndr

Bugblndr Member

Free!

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Drove by this morning and noticed BC Hydro doing some commissioning as well as an independent IT working as well. Looks like this location is days away from being active :)

Kitsilano and SkookumPete like this.
  14. This was last week in Merritt, BC. Not in operation but very close. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

15. Looks like they have started construction on chargers at the Petrocan on highway one just east of Winnipeg. There was excavation activity when I stopped by yesterday.

16. Passed by the DC station pictured above and temp fence is still up but now units are powered up. Looking fwd to 70+ kw DC!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

17. Same story in Nanaimo, I hope they give us a chance to charge for free ( to test ) before they apply $ for a charge.

18. [​IMG]
    Progress(really just a big hole) at petrocan on highway one just east of Winnipeg.

19. Looks a little slushy to me, not the beat working conditions :eek:

20. XtsKonaTrooper

XtsKonaTrooper Well-Known Member

Im suspecting, they will let us free charge, till they get most or if not all onboard.
    If they are smart, They will price them competively and get the EV share cuz they are getting less of my ICE fueling now.

21. They are coming along with Petrocan chargers east of Winnipeg from a hole in the ground a couple of weeks ago to today with two concrete plinths in the ground, bollards and electrical installed. Looks like they just need the DC chargers and pavement work.

[​IMG]