Transmission button

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by LAF, Sep 24, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. LAF

LAF Active Member

Anybody else wearing out the D sticker on the transmission button?? Mine is half gone after 20K miles

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

Nope. I have 11k in Clarity and my Pilot, which as the same trans buttons have 30k and the "D" is still there.

4. Mine is slowly disappearing too (46k)

5. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

Do you have anything on your hands when you drive? There are lots of things like sunscreen, hand cleaner, insect repellent, lotions, etc. that can act as a mild solvent and soften paint/plastic over time.

6. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

It’s all @insightman’s fault!!!
    He went and taped over his D button with an HV sticker to remind him to switch back to HV after stops on long trips.
    Since all our data goes to Honda’s servers, the other Claritys found out about it and decided “We’ll, if they’re going to tape over our D buttons, we’ll just take our D away from them!”
    I’ve asked my Clarity for forgiveness so I can keep my D. Time will tell.

MPower and insightman like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. ab13

ab13 Active Member

This need to be a molded in feature that can't be rubbed off, I don't think it can be allowed to fade since it controls the gear selection. Warranty replacement should be possible.

9. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

Your sense of humor helps make this forum a fun place. Thanks. :D

KentuckyKen, MPower and insightman like this.
  10. Hoon

Hoon Member

Sounds like these gear buttons could use a screen protector, more so than the actual infotainment screen.

KentuckyKen likes this.
  11. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

Oh, dear. What about white cheddar from popcorn, melted dark chocolate, peanut butter, smoked meat sandwich grease, whoopie pie filling, hot tea . . .? I guess my D is doomed. RIP

2002 and KentuckyKen like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Walt R

Walt R Active Member

It struck me how little the odometer reading tells you about the use of the 'D' button. If you racked up 20k miles by driving one mile at a time, I'm not surprised at wear on the shift button. Even less if you have to do a 5-point turn to get out of your driveway each time. On the other hand, if you press it once and drive 50 miles each time, I would not expect any problem.

Most days I only press 'D' twice.