Delivery Times for 2019 Canada

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Grego, May 12, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Porcelain Blue Ultimate. But also signed up for cancels for any Ultimate except black.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KonaTom

KonaTom Well-Known Member

They were expecting more, but our car was the only one that came on the truck yesterday. They have around 40 back-ordered.

Kathryne likes this.
  4. Had the same number on the wait list when I placed my order so either they’re not selling, they’re filling orders at around 10 per month, or they’re fibbing.

It might be slowing sales due to people not having the opportunity to drive one before buying. We were lucky on the weekend we went in. They had one and we got to test drive it as the new owner allowed them to do that before picking it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

5. KonaTom

KonaTom Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people do not want to wait months to get the car, so sales reflect that. I bet they will always have around 40 pre-orders. I believe Hyundai is building their own battery megafactory in South Korea, and when that opens, they will be building a lot more Kona EVs, as their biggest hold-up is batteries from suppliers.

Melly and Kathryne like this.
  6. eastpole

eastpole Active Member

The federal rebate really is a concern. Someone should try to convince Mr. Scheer that moving into the future is better than holding onto the past, passenger automobile-wise at least. I was shopping for a vehicle when Doug Ford won in Ontario and I can tell you, it was pretty disappointing just on that basis alone.

To answer your question, mine is a ceramic blue / white roofed Preferred. I recently got some Thule Aero bars for it and now it can carry bikes or a roof-box on top! We're all loving it. My dealership overall wasn't great at delivering a working car in a timely fashion, but given the way the industry works, I'll give them credit for selling it to me without trying to convince me a gas car was better. :|

Cheers and good luck,
    eastpole

Kathryne likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. robxb

robxb Active Member

Got some good news today in Toronto. The Kona I ordered at the end of March (delivery which was delayed till December) is now expected at the beginning of November. Vin has been created.

apu, Bugblndr, Wildeyed and 2 others like this.
  9. They must have decreased delivery time- three whole weeks sooner than I received my pre-order in late Feb (pre-ordered July 17, 2018) :)

10. This would make sense if the dealer knew what model year he was selling me and the lead time wasn't some where between 3-6 months. On my May 13 order date my agent thought it might be a 2020. At this point its looking like its going to be a November- December delivery.

11. robxb

robxb Active Member

For me they went from 2019 to 2020 and back to 2019. Whatever, as long as I get it with the federal incentive!

electriceddy likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Ổder
    order may 5 and still no VIN and nothing news yet

14. Plus ca change...

15. Melly

Melly Member

Went to dealer to see if I'm getting my car soo . Unfortunately I'm not on September list, and they said they don't have October list yet.

Who knows.

Francois likes this.
  16. At least they have a list now, before I received mine I had to advise them on which boat it may be on .

17. Francois

Francois Active Member

Went to the dealer in late August and I should be getting my Kona Ultimate by October 10 but that is only because I bought someone else's cancellation (I have the VIN).
    From what they told me, the wait time is of 10 months for those who buy their Kona now. For the Ionic the wait time is of 4 months.

Melly likes this.
  18. Location?

19. Francois

Francois Active Member

Mascouche, QC

BC-Doc likes this.
  20. Seems Hyundai deliveries in Canada haven't changed much over the course of time. but at least we can still get them...eventually

21. Francois

Francois Active Member

The car is quite popular because it is getting lots of attention and it is also getting very good reviews in the annual car guides. However I think the long wait might be discouraging a lot of potential buyers.

A guy I know who had put a deposit on a Kona back in June decided last month that he had been patient long enough. He ended up getting his deposit back and he bought himself a Chevrolet Bolt, which is pretty much the only EV that does not require buyers to be placed on a long waiting list.

Even for me personally, and even though it was my car of choice when I started looking back in August, there is no way I would have bought a Kona if I had had to wait until May 2020 to pick it up. I only bought a Kona because I was lucky enough to benefit from someone else's cancellation. And even having to wait 2 months to get my Kona seems like forever. ;)

22. I was also enticed by Bolt until a friend let me drive one. The seat was so uncomfortable after a 10 minute drive, I was so relieved to get out. I respectfully showed admiration, but inside I knew after sitting in a Kona ICE (only Kona available to try at the time) it was worth the .......wait

Francois likes this.