Alternate touchscreen GUI with icons

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Thomas Mitchell, Feb 21, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

Folks, I've been using this alternate skin for several months and I love it, but lately I am noticing it's taking up to several seconds to switch from one display to another (like map to music or lane camera to whatever it was before). This seems to be getting worse with time. Has anyone else noticed this problem? I am fearing it might be Android bloatware, had a similar issue with my android devices and that's why I switched to apple...

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Paddy

Paddy Member

This skin is cool but there is a bug on the clock screen. It always shows the default wallpaper even I have set a custom one if the clock type is analog. But for other clock types it works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. I believe someone in the Clarity PHEV group on Facebook added a left side camera and posted about it. I'll try to find it. I found it, but linking to a search result in a group is non-existent. If you go to FB users group and search for mirror (white box at the left) and find one by Sunny Lambert re "Problem solved for $49.95 on Amazon. Green Yi camera and monitor installed in less than 1 hour." that's the one.

5. Bruce J Deeter

Bruce J Deeter New Member

I like the idea of the alternate GUI based skin. I played around with it a bit. I tend to leave my touchscreen in audio mostly, listening to XM radio. I like all the functionality and 12 button pre-sets in the Audio player as shown in 1st photo. But the GUI based skin givens me the player in the 2nd pic. Half the screen (right side) is taken up by the 4 button choices and none of the channel pre-sets are available on the left. Is there any flexibility with the GUI skin Audio to get the Audio like the 1st pic? Thanks (answered myself see at bottom - but thought this might be of interest, so posted)

20190905_115147.jpg

20190905_115302.jpg

Played some more, you CAN get the full player - just tap in the upper left quadrant where the mini player display is showing current track and it expands to full screen (see below)
    20190905_123949.jpg

KentuckyKen likes this.
  6. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

My main gripe about the audio player skin is that there's no option where it will display long titles without problems. In any of the display options, it cuts off either long song titles or long artist names or long album names. There's no UI option where it actually allocates enough room to show long fields for all three.

Kerbe likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.