Rear seats fold down?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by ClarityMark, Sep 3, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ClarityMark

ClarityMark New Member

Do the rear seats fold down? I can't find anything in the owner's manual that says they do, nor can I see an obvious way to do it. So maybe they don't, but that strikes me as odd.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Clarity Dave

Clarity Dave Member

In the top left and right of the trunk there are levers you pull to release each rear seat, at which point they'll fold down easily.

ClarityDoc likes this.
  4. ClarityMark

ClarityMark New Member

I thought that was the case but when I was in the Home Depot parking lot the other day I couldn't find the levers. I'll look again this evening when my wife gets home with the car. Thanks.

5. eneka

eneka Member

The BEV and PHEV seats fold down, 60/40 split. They do not fold for the FCEV.

6. ClarityMark

ClarityMark New Member

I have the PHEV. Thanks for the clarification.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

The end result of folding the rear seats isn't all that satisfying. This is one area where Honda failed in the design. There is a sort of pass-through window rather than a full opening. We've made it work for us but the hatchback Prius was much better in this respect.

jorgie393 likes this.
  9. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

The body needs that lateral brace to stiffen it because, unlike the battery case, hydrogen tanks are non-structural - and Clarity was designed to host both.

insightman likes this.