2020 clarity model pictures and deliveries

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by ringf4g4plugin guy, Aug 19, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

Only Japan, Canada and U.S. as far as I know. Australia would be a likely candidate but so far no indication that it will be sold there.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Richard_arch74

Richard_arch74 Active Member

I believe you are correct, a search on the honda.co.au shows no mention of the Clarity.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Inside EVs mobile app

4. ryd994

ryd994 Active Member

That translates to
    2018-2019
    Japan Car of the Year
    Innovation department prize awarded

2002 likes this.
  5. Lowell_Greenberg

Lowell_Greenberg Active Member

6. ryd994

ryd994 Active Member

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I'd consider "innovation department prize" a special award. :)

Lowell_Greenberg likes this.
  9. ryd994

ryd994 Active Member

http://www.jcoty.org/result/
    "先進のプラグインハイブリッドシステムをスペースの自由度が少ないセダンというパッケージの中に搭載した。また、100kmを超えるEV走行が可能であり実用性は高く、ドライブフィールも素晴らしい。イノベーションによって次世代高級車のあるべき姿をいち早く実現して見せたことを高く評価した。"

Google translate failed on this. I tried translating by myself.
    The advanced plug-in hybrid system, installed in a sedan body without any sacrifice in freedom of space, makes this package. In addition, utility is high because of the 100km+ EV range. Driving feel is fantastic. It is not only innovative, but also shows us how the next-gen luxury car *should* look like, ahead of time, in the physical form.

10. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

If you are outside Canada or California, your perception may be correct.

But if you are in Canada and California, my prediction is that the 2020 Clarity will be selling like hotcakes.

My co workers are now looking to get one and they are having issues finding one.
    Even with the higher monthly rates on the 2019 model year, with less incentives than the 2018 I have, people in CA want one very much.

Probably because of 3 reasons:
    1. Fuel prices are still very high compared to the rest of the nation.
    2. Availability of free charging stations popping up. Our work place just got a bunch installed.
    3. Driving solo on the carpool freeway lanes using the CA HOV sticker being offered good till 2023.

AlanSqB likes this.
  11. AlanSqB

AlanSqB Active Member

I wonder how if my 2018 would be worth more in CA. Here in WA I’m getting KBB quote of about $22,350 on the trade. I have some serious curb rash and a mismatched tire so I would have to put about $600 in to get it to sale condition.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. ab13

ab13 Active Member

This is what the Honda Canada site says when clicking on Clarity. Maybe they will double product this time.

"Limited 2019 vehicles available.
    Due to strong demand, our 2019 model has nearly sold out. Speak with your local Honda dealer to confirm inventory levels or get the latest information about how to pre-order the 2020 model"

14. ab13

ab13 Active Member

If your car didn't have CA carpool sticker then it has value to CA buyers, but current sales incentives are still good in CA. However for someone that doesn't qualify for much IRS incentives are probably interested in used models.

15. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

Someone else in the bay area said something similar but I don't understand that, when I search cars.com and other sites there are over two hundred Clarities within 100 miles of San Francisco. And from looking at random VIN numbers many of them have been sitting on the lot for a few months, they are up to about VIN 5200 now but there are quite of lot of cars on dealer lots in the low 4,000 and even 3,000's. Maybe people are just driving up to random dealerships that don't have any in stock? I notice some dealers stock several even as many as fifteen, other dealers just one or two.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  16. Olive

Olive New Member

773A03FF-F48A-496B-B991-6D0A87740EDE.jpeg On july 31 2019 in Quebec (Canada), we only had 687 Clarity (2018 and 2019 included) on the road. That's not much...

MPower likes this.
  17. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

Yes, there are lots of 2019 on the dealer lots here in So Cal, but the dealers are not budging much in price.
    They seem to be hedging their bet that they will sell pretty much at MSRP due to the demise of the Chevy Volt and the desire for Californians to get that coveted HOV carpool exemption sticker like Teslas on the road.

We'll see during the winter holidays, if Honda will do the same they did in 2018 ($7500-$7800 incentives)....

18. Phil_Meyers

Phil_Meyers Active Member

So will Honda still produce 2020 Clarity's? If so, does anyone know if they plan on continuing production after that? It's such a nice car, I would hate it to see it go the way the Volt did.

19. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

Honda has recently begun taking orders in Canada for 2020 models, apparently for delivery first quarter. No reason not to expect that it will be available in California also, although there have not been any announcements that I know of. As for other U.S. states all we know is that the 2019 model was only shipped to California, east coasts states and Oregon in the early part of the year then only to California since then. Unless they change their current strategy then it seems most likely that the 2020 Clarity PHEV will be sold only in California and Canada, but we don't know for sure because other than Canada nothing has been announced.

20. But Honda did state that orders would be accepted from dealers in all 50 states.

21. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

How has that been going so far with the 2019 model?

22. They only announced the arrangement a couple of weeks ago (after completion of MY 2019 production).

As you might know, my situation is that I suddenly found myself in the market after my Volt was totalled at the end of July.

I bought a used BEV as an interim experiment and have no pressing need for a new car for a couple of years now.
    I'm hoping to be able to sit on the sidelines and move when the stars align.
    I might ultimately get a Tesla Model Y, but only if Tesla ever figures out what customer service looks like.

23. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

Since MY 2019 Clarity have stopped production, there are no longer orders for them. What is on the lots is what is left for 2019.

Look for ordering a 2020 if your state does not stock them.....
    Or get one from California and have it shipped to your dealer (avoids CA sales tax).