Munro & Associates interview

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by bwilson4web, Aug 20, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

I recommend watching this on YouTube and setting the speed to 1.5:

Understand this video is ~10% of the EV conference.

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. David Green

David Green Well-Known Member

I find it interesting where Sandy says GM has the best battery engineers on the planet... And he goes on again and again about how bad the body, chassis build on the Model 3 is.. Nice car, Bob.. Great systems, but the Body is crap Sandy says...

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

I'd seen the earliest Munro video that complained about the body, fit, and finish of an early Model 3. Sandy Munro's concerns about the body were known before I bought mine. But his issue was the labor and manufacturing processes required to build the body. Sandy thought the body engineer was not good and Elon fired him. Regardless, the NHTSA gives it 5 stars:
    https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2019/TESLA/MODEL%25203/4%2520DR/RWD

BTW, I'm pretty sure at 5:43 the Munro battery expert said, "Traditional automakers in the US are pretty much giving their battery pack, powertrain, that engineering, to other people and incorporating it in their vehicle."

One common theme from Munro & Associates is how traditional MBA managers want to have someone else build their cars and just affix the company badge at the end of the line. This is backed up by how many design teams are let go or leave as soon as the vehicle goes on sale. It happened with GM's EV1 (i.e., Chelsea Sexton) and BMW's i3 team.

The funny thing is both of our cars were reviewed by Sandy Munro's team which led to my purchases . . . the only credible car testers.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019