350 mile club..

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by FloridaSun, Jul 19, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

Drove 358.8 miles on a charge with 29 miles remaining range..

20190719_115655.jpg
    20190719_115701.jpg

Just wanted to see what is possible.. One week of commiting with very little AC use and 57 - 61 mph on the highway.

Clamps, Bruce M., Joev and 5 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. FloridaSun

4. That's pretty good. What was your tire pressure for this run?

5. FloridaSun

Haven't checked tire pressure.. It's whatever was in the car when I bought it.. Let me check..

6. User your dash TPMS read out. Manual gauges are all over the place.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. FloridaSun

Tried to find the screen where I can check the tire pressure and couldn't find it.. I know that I found it before but I wasn't able to locate it in the menus..

9. Wife is out with the car, so can't check myself right now. But you have to click through one of the info screens.

10. FloridaSun

Found it.. 48 psi

11. Wow, that is pretty high. Mine is at 36 for all 4 tires. Higher PSI definitely improves efficiency. I remember that with my old Prius.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. FloridaSun

I wonder why my tire pressure is that high. The only thing that I could think of is that when the cars are loaded on the ships, higher pressure will make sure that none of the tires go flat while on the trip.. Not sure about any other reason..

14. Yes, new cars are always shipped with higher tire pressures (keeps them secured more solidly). The dealer pdi is supposed to readjust that.

Doesn't hurt to run a couple PSI higher though, saves tire wear, and more efficient. Just keep an eye on your tires. If over inflated, they will wear more in the middle, under on the sides.

FloridaSun likes this.
  15. FloridaSun

I might drop it down to 40. 48 seems too high.

electriceddy and R P like this.
  16. The #s indicate an average of 35 mph (358.8/10.31) must have been a very short hwy run .
    Amazing what can be accomplished with slower speed and a little xtra air in the tires , congratulations!
    BTW did you start out at 100%?

17. FloridaSun

We had traffic jams on the highway on 3 days..
    Also, there are plenty of lights when going to lunch every day.. i got to wait 2+ minutes at some lights..
    I did start out at 100% this time.
    When not considering the wait at lights, I probably averaged 45 mph. Oh, I forgot.. I was circling at the office parking garage to get a covered spot.. sometimes 20 minutes of circling...Not willing to park at the top deck where the sun heats up the car to 150 degrees F

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    electriceddy likes this.
  18. I will try to match that average when I do my test (70 kph) , but my tires will be at 40 psi or slightly less, thanks for the info.

19. FloridaSun

Edited my post after you quoted it.. I was also circling the work parking garage for a spot when coming back from lunch, so the time driving is not a good indication of driving habits.

20. GPM432

GPM432 Active Member

New range high for me 75'f out 552 km about 350 mi dam good..

NP27, electriceddy and FloridaSun like this.
  21. EXCELLENT! Thanks for the report.
    Joe

22. I assume you started @100% , what mileage was showing as remaining? Wh /km would also be nice. Where there many hills? What mode...etc
    BTW congratulations on 343 miles.

23. GPM432

GPM432 Active Member

No that's what is showing fully charged... in the past km's used matches the beginning charge and more 75% highway on cruise