Whine at low speeds

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by na zdrowie, Aug 13, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. na zdrowie

na zdrowie New Member

I saw a post on this from over a year ago but it’s unclear if the issue can be resolved.

https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/28-34-MPH-Whine-Whistle.2721/

When going ~20-35mph the car makes a noticeable whine on the right side. I’ve observed this as a passenger and as a driver and it is not wind noise (which we do have issues with in other ways.) Unlike people in the above post, taking my foot off the accelerator doesn’t make it go away, and it does appear to be getting more frequent as time goes on.

Do people have similar experiences? Did you try to get it serviced or just live with it? I didn’t mind it at first but it’s now starting to annoy me.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MajorAward

MajorAward Active Member

I hear a slight whine as well, particularly on smooth pavement, but think mine is normal EV sounds. If you think yours is not, it wouldn't hurt to have it checked out. Get the bugs out under warranty.

Daniel M W likes this.
  4. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Could be a wheel bearing going bad.

5. AlAl

AlAl Active Member

Mine makes a soft whine if there's ~5% load on the blue bar. Took it as a normal behavior

6. TomL

TomL Active Member

The only whine I have heard derives from road surface. Here in rural Wisconsin many of our roads are in bad shape.

7. To remove this ad click here.