What does the $899 appearance package include?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by cokeb5, Aug 12, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. cokeb5

cokeb5 Member

I recently received my Honda (bought across country) and was surprised to see in some paperwork that the car has an $899 appearance package added onto it. I got a good price on the car and didn't pay anything extra really for the appearance package so it doesn't matter to me, but I was just wondering what all was included with it? I'm guessing part of it is the silver "trim" on the tops of the doors (which to be honest I don't really like), but I'm guessing there is more to it than just that?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

It's part of ADM (adjusted dealer markup) pricing. ;)

Seriously, it's just a marketing ploy with almost zero costs to the dealer (and value to the buyer) that they will spends hours haggling over with buyers so that once the buyer is successful in getting that $900 off the price they think they did well in the negotiations. Tinting, interior protectants, wheel lock nuts, etc., are used the same way. If you're having to ask what is included, well, that really answers your question! Probably nothing other than some cheap spray-on wax that looks good for a while.

cokeb5 likes this.
  4. cokeb5

cokeb5 Member

Yeah I knew it was pretty much worthless. I think the dealership was so desperate to get the car off of the lot that they never even mentioned it was an added "bonus" to the car until everything had been signed. Oh well, saved me from having to negotiate. :)