Lost radio/AV sound

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by R P, Aug 10, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Wife came home and said radio wasn't working. I tried it, shutting car off and then back off, but sound would not come on. Even pushed the Vol button on and off to no avail. Seemed like it was on Mute, but no response from vol controls. Display showed sound coming on and off with controls, but never any sound.

So I let it sit for about half hour or so, and turned on the car again. Got the Confirm screen, pressed it, and radio is back and everything seems normal.

Not sure what caused this, whether wife did something (not that she can remember), or it just quit for some reason. It didn't come on for her after a short stop (no Confirm screen). Has anyone else experienced this? Will be watching to see if this happens again.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Robrian7

Robrian7 New Member

Hello, RP. Yes, this has happened to me several times. Sometimes when I plug my iPhone (X) in this results as well. It's summer, so I attribute this to the heat, but we'll see what happens when the cooler weather sets in. I have reported this to my dealer as well as Hyundai when I took a survey about their audio equipment. It's most likely due to a glitch in the software, which is probably an easy fix. Fingers crossed!