Hyundai Kona Electric prices in U.S.

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Domenick, Jan 28, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Yeah I did that, LakeAlto saw it after the previous post. Thanks!

LakeAlto and Domenick like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. engnrng

engnrng New Member

4. JumpingIntoEV

JumpingIntoEV New Member

The tide seems to be shifting on pricing a bit. I started looking at the Kona EV two months ago and very few were in NY yet. Dealers basically all said they sell at or above sticker. But I bought mine today at $1,500 under. Maybe because it's an SEL and most dealers inventory here seems to be the Limited and Ultimate trims. But an easy 5 minute negotiation and done. None of the cheesy 'let me go back and talk to my sales manager' bs. Combined with the $7,500 tax credit and NY State offering a $2,000 rebate, I feel very good about buying the Kona EV for less than I paid for my hybrid Prius 4 on 2011. Certainly MUCH more fun to drive than the Prius. I just hope it's as durable as my last Prius was. My last Hyundai was an Excel in 1989 and it was truly the worst new car I ever bought.

1st-KonaEV-in-FL and Domenick like this.
  5. Feel free to share the name of the dealer. No doubt lots of folks would like to check out a dealership where the buying process is quick and can get a decent deal.

Esprit1st, nigels and electriceddy like this.
  6. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    Esprit1st and Domenick like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Congratulations

9. JumpingIntoEV

JumpingIntoEV New Member

Northtown Hyundai in Amherst NY was very easy and straightforward to deal with. They claim to be the highest volume Hyundai dealer in the district (whatever the district may entail, I do not know). I think I knew more about the car and what I wanted on it than the salesperson, thanks to websites and great forums like this. But there was no long negotiation with the usual 'let me talk to my sales manager and see what we can do' lines. Just a clear, fair offer. I am sure it helped that they had the vehicle in-stock: Two-tone white/black SEL with cargo tray, mud flaps and carpeted floor mats.

Domenick likes this.
  10. Just curious, what sort of dealer fees (conveyance / prep) do they charge in MD?

11. FloridaSun

$300 was their fee. It was already included in the $36100 that I paid.
    My local Hyundai dealer in FL charges $699.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. CT dealer fees are pretty out of control. $599 conveyance fee and $289 “prep” fee. I did my homework and knew this going in so I started my negotiations at a lower price point than I normally would have. In the end, I ended up about $2000 below MSRP including fees. In CT, I also got a $2000 EV rebate (applied immediately), and at tax time I’ll get the $7500 federal EV credit. I could have crossed the border to New York which puts limits on conveyance fees, but then I would have missed out on the state rebate.

Mattsburgh and Domenick like this.
  14. FloridaSun

Those fees are insane.. $300 that I paid is very reasonable.. $699 seems to be the going rate for Hyundai dealers in Florida. That's what I paid when I bought my 2012 Elantra in 2011..

15. Price gouging, it's what's for dinner :mad:

16. That's really good. PA had a $1750 rebate which I received already. You got a great price though, I expected to pay MSRP but was actually something like ... $1000-$1200 under I think, which I was more than happy to take.

Domenick likes this.
  17. Cara

Cara New Member

18. Cara

Cara New Member

Hi Matt. I'm also in Pittsburgh and looking to buy in MD. What dealer did you use? Also do you have a recommendation for an electrician to install a charger at home?

Mattsburgh likes this.
  19. dheatherly

dheatherly New Member

I live in OH and purchased from Antwerpen Hyundai of Clarksville - near Baltimore - talked to a sales manager named Kevin Kim. Super easy transaction - pretty much all the legwork was completed over email and the phone. I spent about 20 minutes at the dealership on the day of pick-up. Would recommend.

20. I used Thomas Hyundai in Cumberland, MD. I use the standard charger that came with the car b/c I take the T to work and don't drive enough to need a 2nd level charger, so I don't have a recommendation for an electrician. But I definitely recommend my salesman, he was excellent and no bs. I mean it, he didn't try to screw around with extras or stupid stuff I wouldn't want. Message me if you'd like his contact info, I have a friend here in Pittsburgh that bought a Kona Electric from him just about a month or two ago, she really liked him as well.

Also, Cumberland is not far away, if you get someone to drive you there it's an easy drive back and you won't even have to come close to stopping to charge the car. I still had like 50% battery when I got home from the dealership that night.

Domenick likes this.