Charging Door Issue

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Omgswify, Aug 3, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Omgswify

Omgswify Member

Hello all,

The little door to the charging port has stopped ejecting for some odd reason and I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue ? It gets stuck and won’t eject no matter if I press the charge button in the car or the one on the remote. I’ve resorted to using a thin squeegee/credit card to pry it out while holding the release button.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Rangavasu

Rangavasu Member

It happenned to me once for the gas door. I had to push hard and then use the button to release.

Omgswify likes this.
  4. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

For sure a warranty repair. Take it in and then post to the forum about the fix.

Omgswify and neal adkins like this.
  5. neal adkins

neal adkins Active Member

i would try a little lubrication on the latch first.

Omgswify and fotomoto like this.
  6. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

No, this isn't a common issue.

Yeah this. Any remote opening door can have issues caused by the environment and driving. I'd give everything a good cleaning and then apply some a non-oil, dry lube that doesn't attract dirt.

If that doesn't work, take it in to the dealer. It could be something as simple as the latching mechanism or cable has loosened up.

Omgswify likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

If the door doesn't pop open on it's own, but you can push the button and pull it open with a credit card, this implies that the 'latch' is working OK.
    It sounds more like the hinge may be binding a little and the credit card is just enough to help the spring overcome the friction of the hinge, or the spring has lost it's sproing.

Suggest lubrication of the hinge in some way, and inspection of the spring to see if it is out of place or similar.

Omgswify likes this.
  9. Clarity_Newbie

Clarity_Newbie Active Member

Omgswify

There is a mechanical release under the driver side dash behind the OBD port. The handle is yellow in the Clarity I drive.

Additionally, if you aren't aware...the mechanical release for the trunk is behind the rear seat driver's side and uses the small key stored in your fob.

And finally...the mechanical release for the petrol lid is inside the trunk, left side under the "warning...fire risk" cover.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    izudin, fotomoto, Mowcowbell and 5 others like this.
  10. neal adkins

neal adkins Active Member

Thanks for the info. I had heard some of it before but need occasional reminders.

Clarity_Newbie likes this.
  11. Omgswify

Omgswify Member

Thanks for all the input. I’ve found that the root of the cause was that I was improperly closing the charging door by slamming it shut instead of just lightly closing it. Whenever I slam it shut the hinge is probably not engaged properly.

12. To remove this ad click here.