Tires defects

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Mo bai, Jul 31, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Mo bai

Mo bai New Member

i have a new 2019 clarity plug in with 4000 miles on it only, so far 2 flat tires not repairable, and no spare one and tires not available where i waited few days to get them, dealer refused to carry the warranty and Michilen said there is no prove they were not a road hazard, any suggestions.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MajorAward

MajorAward Active Member

Sounds like you may be a candidate for a spare. There are several threads on this forum that will guide your way.
    Were the flats caused by puncture from nail / road debris, or from pothole or curb?

4. Mo bai

Mo bai New Member

Thank you,one might be the curbs, and the other one not known

5. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

Bummer. These fairly low profile tires are susceptible to damage for sure. By your replacements from a place that offers road hazard warranty. Don’t blame the tire for being defective unless you are certain it was a bad tire. They live a hard life on our bad roads and simply swiping a curb hard can damage a sidewall. In my case it was a sharp-edged pothole.

And it’s crazy to wait at all for a new tire! Where are you getting them? It’s a very common tire in a very common size and should be readily available.

6. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. neal adkins

neal adkins Active Member

my local honda dealer seems to always look to get out of any warranty claim. I would talk to a manager and inform them the burden of proof goes both ways. They need to prove it was a road hazzard. I had a warranty issue with my home ac and they were not going to cover it until i said i have the paperwork showing my warranty is in force, and see you court . So sometimes just standing up to them is all you need to do. They come accross as the experts and expect you to just go along. They are experts at getting out of warranty claims.

4sallypat and fotomoto like this.
  9. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

So glad I got the optional 36K tire warranty from Honda Care....
    Being leary, so far 8K miles on them....