Clarity and CRV owner question

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Alex0913, Jul 31, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Alex0913

Alex0913 Member

Hi all,
    I had a question about my second car which is a 2013 CRV after getting the clarity which I love after 14 months of ownership.
    Since we bought the clarity we don’t drive the CRV that much. We use the it just for my wife’s commute which is only a couple of miles therefore the CRV is not being used as much( she has only put about 400 miles in the last year). My question is about the oil change for the CRV which is advised to get it done when the oil service alert is at 15% but it is currently at 80 % after over a year. Should I ignore the oil change alert and get an oil change even though I am not getting the alert to get it done? Would the old oil damage the CRV? Does anyone have a similar situation after getting the clarity?
    Any input is appreciated!!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

General rule-of-thumb, is to change the oil at least every 12 months to remove the impurities from the engine.

4. This is especially true with short cycle times--possibly the oil isn't getting warm enough to burn off any water that's accumulated in it

Gearhead and Alex0913 like this.
  5. Alex0913

Alex0913 Member

Thank you for your replies! I already took the CRV to service and plan to do so at least a year apart regardless of the mileage.