What is the longest you have made a tank of gas last?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by LegoZ, Jun 25, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

I tend to do some long trips here and there so my gas doesn't go more than 2 months-- still awesome. My car currently has 1/2 a tank of gas. Normally my brain says, oh geez better get gas soon. But with this car, I think who cares. I don't know when I'll be using gas and will worry about that if it occurs.

I love filling up at home. I love not waiting in line to get gas at busy times. I love that energy cost has pretty much become a non-issue for my commuting.

MPower likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KClark

KClark Active Member

In addition to what you mention, I also love the fact that I truly don't care what the price of gas is anymore. The fluctuations that used to irritate me aren't on my radar and when I need to "fill up" my Clarity I honestly don't care what the pump price is where I buy it. 5 gallons at $3.85 (CA prices) vs 5 gallons at $4.25 is only a $2 difference, not enough to even think about.

Dan Albrich likes this.
  4. NaughtyNeutron

NaughtyNeutron New Member

PA
    I filled up on March 28th and the bill was a whopping $13.60, since then I've put 2977 miles, I forget the rate/gallon :p

5. Damon Ledet

Damon Ledet New Member

I filled up (6.403 gallons) on Dec 12, 2018, with 5,956 miles on the odometer. Today I still have 1/2 a tank and 16,728 miles on the odometer. I have a trip to FL planned for end of September so I will not be able to make the gas last 1 year to see if the clarity burns all the fuel at a year like the volt.

6. Olimpia

Olimpia Member

My longest stretch was 2500 miles.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree completely. And occassionally I even want for higher gas prices to try and move public opinion toward more fuel efficient options. At the same time I care about poor people who have a commute and high gas cost hammers them (and they may not afford such a nice car as Clarity).

insightman and 2002 like this.
  9. Front Row

Front Row Member

Bought my car in June 2018, been to the gas station 3 times, 12000 miles.