Your Favorite and Must Have Settings

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by alyssai, Jun 14, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. alyssai

alyssai Member

I saw in another post that you can set Trip A and B to reset after refueling or after recharging. I thought that was an awesome setting to have and some of these settings can get buried/hidden. Please share any settings you think works best for your Clarity.

Another setting I recently discovered is to have the headlights turn off right when the door locks, instead of having a 15 second delay. This is found in the Settings > Vehicle > Lighting Setup > Headlight Auto Off Timer > 0 seconds. With this setting, I will be able to get immediate feedback to ensure that my car has been turned off and locked when I step out of my car and close the door.

Looking forward to hearing others from all of you!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Carro con enchufe

Carro con enchufe Active Member

Sport mode with full regen

4. Kendalf

Kendalf Active Member

I changed the setting to have the doors auto-lock when shifting out of Park instead of the default setting of locking after reaching a certain speed. Makes it harder for carjackers. ;)

Pegsie, alyssai and Carro con enchufe like this.
  5. DapperDano

DapperDano New Member

Do you just leave full regen on all the time?

6. Raymondca

Raymondca Member

This is a nice thread. I love discovering hidden settings. It seems there is no way to disable turn-to-turn navigation on the instrument panel, right? I usually set the carplay navigation before I start driving. But I don't really need the guidance until I get close to my destination. The constantly changing instruction sometimes feels like a distraction.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

I am not aware of a way to turn it off completely, but if you press the "I" button once the turn guidance goes away and you are back to whatever what previously displayed. However the next turn it will pop back up again. But that's still helpful because sometimes I am monitoring EV range or power flow on that screen and if the turn guidance pops up and gets in the way I can just press the "I" button once to get back to what I was looking at.

On a similar note, if you signal right and the right-view camera is in the way of Nav or whatever you are looking at you can push the button on the end of the stalk and the right-view camera goes away.

9. Raymondca

Raymondca Member

I found out yesterday that if we don't want the turn-to-turn navigation displayed on the instrumental panel, we can use Waze. Waze is not bad. I guess somehow it decides not to provide that information to the car computer.

10. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

I presume this 'trick' requires the user to have a fob. Anyway, hot day, my wife goes into store. I wait in the car. Car is off, but I start getting hot. AC isn't available in accessory mode. From the passenger seat if I press 'on' I only get accessory mode. Anyway, if you double-tap the on button, the car will turn on including for AC without pressing the break. I do this, turn on AC. Sit in car as long as it takes and never need turn on the gas engine. I sit quietly in parking lot without anyone knowing my car is 'on'

Anyway, in the "old" days I sometimes did a similar thing, but would have to turn on gas engine and idle to turn on AC. Love this car.

Raymondca likes this.
  11. We have a base model, and use Waze almost exclusively*, usually via CarPlay. The integration leaves a bit to be desired - the iPhone itself gets relegated to turn-by-turn directions, and is unusable for anything else without losing the display. There are times when we’d like to see the map on the phone while something else is displayed on the big screen. Or to use the phone for something else without losing the big map on the display. The only way to do that seems to be to unplug from the “CarPlay” USB socket, which kind of defeats the purpose of CarPlay.

Apple recently announced a major update to CarPlay coming in the fall. I’m hoping that corrects that issue.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/24/18693555/apple-ios-13-carplay-interface-update-hands-on-test-review

*Sometimes after finding something in Safari, we’ll click on “Directions” which takes you to Apple Maps. Which is not bad at all, but we still prefer Waze.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

Do you guys see turn by turn with apple maps on the cluster? When I was using my older android I had this in Waze and google maps but the phone was too slow.

14. No.

15. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

My must have setting is I turn off the useless passenger mirror camera. I've seen a far more useful implementation of this with cameras mounted under BOTH mirrors, and the display appears on the instrument panel LCD instead of the infotainment screen.

16. Raymondca

Raymondca Member

I thought about turning off the passenger mirror camera too. But my wife loves it. I'm still confused sometimes now I have 3 spots to look at...