Different charging schedules?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by blastfurnace, Jun 22, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. blastfurnace

blastfurnace Member

I tend to change at home and at work (at least for the past 3 days since I got this car). At home I have a level 2 charger and want to charge at 2:00am, but I also use a level 1 plug in at work. Do I need to reset the charge timer everyday for home charing? I'm assuming if I have the timer on, when I plug it in at work it won't charge.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

When plugging in at work, use your FOB to start charging immediately. I believe that should not affect your timer scheduler.

4. blastfurnace

blastfurnace Member

Excellent! Now if I could only get the HondaLink app to connect to my car instead of "unable to receive a response from the vehicle at this time". It works great when giving me charging updates but I can't schedule anything.

5. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

I schedule mine in the car; hasn't failed yet. (fingers crossed)

6. blastfurnace

blastfurnace Member

Yeah, that's what I did as well. The app is so close to being useful, but never really works.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

BlastFurnace, do you have a discounted rate after 2 AM?

9. BobS

BobS Active Member

I schedule my charging at 1:00 AM when rates are lower, but frequently add some charge during the day, I use either the key fob, or the Honda Link to start charge during the day. Works every time for me. Honda link may not work well if cell coverage is poor in your area.

10. blastfurnace

blastfurnace Member

Not really for residential users, I would just rather not juice it up until later in the evening. 2:00 was a random time.

Thanks. For whatever reason, my Hondalink App just won't let me schedule a charge, start a charge, or schedule a reminder. We get ok cell coverage here...can you check the signal strength of cell coverage to the car?

11. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

Is the car connected to WiFi?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. blastfurnace

blastfurnace Member

It isn't, which I guess would be the logical next step!

14. MNSteve

MNSteve Well-Known Member

There is an indication of cellular signal strength on the console ... the display is in bars like you see on your phone.

15. blastfurnace

blastfurnace Member

Yeah, that might be the problem, then. It is only at one bar. I hooked it up to wifi and will see if that helps. I scheduled the charge through the car interface which ended up being a lot easier than fussing with this app.

16. MNSteve

MNSteve Well-Known Member

I have also realized that it is easier to walk to the garage door and use the fob than using the app, if I'm at home.