What EVs are available nationwide in 2020?

Discussion in 'General' started by phiswiz, May 13, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. phiswiz

phiswiz New Member

I am hoping for some knowledge from people more informed than me as I have not found much. I currently live in Michigan and have a Volt lease that ends in May 2020. I want get an EV when the lease is up since I can't get another Volt but I am quickly running into lack of options. From what I can tell, the only nationwide EVs in my price range are the Model 3 and the Bolt. I am not really interested in getting an EV from another state and bringing it back to MI because I am worried any dealers here wouldn't touch it if there is an issue.

Does anyone know of any more nationwide options that might be around by May 2020? I will most likely end up with the Bolt or a Model 3 if Tesla's lawsuit goes well with the State of Michigan next month.

Thanks all

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. If you wanted to stick with a plug-in hybrid, I would suggest the Clarity Plug-In Hybrid (we have a large owner community here on the Forum).
    Aside from that, the Nissan LEAF and BMW i3 are sold in Michigan. The production version of the Volkswagen ID. Crozz concept is supposed to start selling in 2020, though I'm not sure exactly when (looking into that now).
    There is, of course, also the Hyundai Ioniq, Hyundai Kona Electric, Kia Niro EV and, in 2020, the Kia Soul EV. (Others have bought these out of state and owners say their local dealers will service.)

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  4. Susan Campbell

Susan Campbell New Member

phiswiz, interestedinEV and Domenick like this.
  5. SilverNewt

SilverNewt New Member

@phiswiz I've seen a Nissan Leaf in Birmingham, several Teslas along 96 and 94 between Ann arbor and DTW (presumably purchased in Ohio). In the Ann Arbor parking garage by the library I think we saw a Volt, a Bolt, a Leaf, and a BMW i3 plugged in. @Susan Campbell posted a great resource but actually FINDING the cars on a lot is another matter. Sharing what I've seen because I assume those will be the easier ones to find at a dealership.

6. interestedinEV

interestedinEV Well-Known Member

I am sure there are a few PHEVs available in Nationwide including I would suppose Michigan. @Domenick suggested the Honda Clarity. Toyota Prius Prime is a competitor and should be available in MI. Huyndai has several PHEV models.

If you are interested in a BEV, choices are limited outside of California and a few other states. You can look at the Leaf. However the expectation is by 2020 there will be a few more models. Too early to tell.

Domenick likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.