Tint in Bay Area

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by jennifer everett, Apr 23, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Anyone in the Bay Area have a recommendation for a good shop for tinting? Ideally in Redwood City Area or San Leandro area. It is starting to get warmer and having window tint would be great.
    Thanks in advance!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Jennifer, I’m not in sunny California but I have found that paying the extra to get ceramic type film tint that blocks IR (infrared or heat) is well worth the cost. The Clarity has a lot of glass front and back that is closer to horizontal than most cars and has a pronounced greenhouse effect. It reduces the heat build up in the car which makes it nicer to get in and quicker to cool down, helps preserve the dash plastic, and reduces the AC load which may help a tiny bit with range.
    Getting a high quality tint from a reputable shop with a lifetime warranty from the mfg and not the shop (who may go out of business) is worth it if you keep the car long term.
    Hope you enjoy your Clarity as much as the rest of us are.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    jennifer everett likes this.
  4. dannieboiz

dannieboiz New Member

I tint all my cars almost immediately, Tint Tech did our Nissan Leaf many years ago and recently did our Clarity. He's been tinting for awhile and it's a one man show so I trust that it's always the same guy that's going to tint my car. If you tell him your friends with Danny that has the white Clairty he might give you a better rate than the publish rated. Between our family, we're having 4 Clarities and a couple Model 3 here so we kind of got a group discount.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/tint-tech-san-jose

[​IMG]

Mowcowbell likes this.
  5. Kestrel

Kestrel Member

I took mine to Grizzy Style in South San Francisco last year based on Yelp reviews. I think it was the first Clarity he'd done, because he underestimated the time he'd need to do it. Other than that, I was totally happy with the service. This is the first time I've had my car windows tinted, and it took me some getting used to since it's so dark in the back. It makes a big difference in comfort at the end of a hot day when I get in though.

jennifer everett and Mowcowbell like this.
  6. Thank you for this recommendation I will give him a call!!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. jim

jim Active Member

I always get the CERAMIC Tint since it blocks about twice the Infared , IR , Heat as other types.

jennifer everett likes this.