Anybody going to the NYC International Auto Show?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Mark W, Apr 22, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    The show is all this week in Manhattan. I wonder if the Clarity is even on display there? I'm also wondering if there would be anyone from Honda at the show that knows about the Clarity and could provide answers to some of the common questions that come up on this forum. I was in NYC with the family on Friday, but nobody else is interested in cars, so a trip to the show was not on the agenda.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Richard_arch74

Richard_arch74 Active Member

@Mark W, pretty sure it will be.

4 different BEV/PHEV's were highlighted on Fox and Friends a week or so ago. They were getting them ready for the NY show. Link to video below.

https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?posts/57951
    Sent from my SM-G955U using Inside EVs mobile app

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

During press days at the 2018 Detroit show, I was directed to the "Clarity expert" Honda brought to the show. It soon became clear she didn't even understand the basic mode switches so I gave up asking questions. She said she forgot to bring her business cards, but took my phone number and promised to have someone call me. Still waiting.

5. Gearhead

Gearhead Member

Very disappointing to hear. I expect a lot more from a self-described engineering culture company like Honda. Thanks for sharing this experience.

6. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

@insightman , was the 'expert' good looking? If she was, then we are pretty sure she wasn't an expert but a model hired to showcase the car.
    :(

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

This was during press days, when Honda corporate personnel are present specifically to answer questions. During the regular show, the Honda exhibit is staffed mainly by local dealer personnel, who, of course, also know nothing about the Clarity.