Should I be worried?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by fotomoto, Apr 10, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

Seemingly out of the blue, my wife asked to take my Claire to work this morning? o_O

Pegsie and Daniel M W like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. BobS

BobS Active Member

Yes, you should be very worried about her taking ownership of your Clarity!

Daniel M W likes this.
  4. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

@fotomoto , you can tell her the Pacifica PHEV suits her better.

5. PHEV Newbie

PHEV Newbie Well-Known Member

It's hers now. Only solution is his and hers Claritys!

6. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

You’ve now made your wife a Clarity addict. You’ll never get it back! Treat her extra nice and maybe she’ll let you ride in it.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

Well this morning the wife announced she would be taking Claire; with a quick "If that's OK?" faintly added afterwards...... <tears> :(

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  9. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

You can always buy a second one while there is the tax credit. I did that a few years ago when my wife took my Volt. Of course, eventually she fell in love with a BMW and we traded her Volt (but it kept her happy, just at a price). There may eventually be some buys on a used Clarity, but not yet from what I can tell.

10. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

Same here, once I got the CA HOV single occupant carpool stickers, my wife said she is now driving my Clarity....

Since I get stuck with her BMW, and gas prices in the $4.50 / gallon mark, I think I better start looking at getting a second Clarity....
    [​IMG]

11. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

@4sallypat , I traded my 328xi for Clarity and I badly missed my bimmer (really quick seat warmer, auto wiper, driving characteristic,etc) . In the 10 years I owned the car, i never had to worry about snow with all-season tires because of AWD. Would have kept the car if it didn't start to have so much issue and cost of just parts.

I think I don't missed was the trips to gas station for fill-ups. :D

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

Yes, I know what you mean - AWD or RWD is what sells the sporty feature of the drive.
    I have had BMW for over 20 years starting with the E53, E90, E90 LCI diesel, E70 diesel, and my current F10.

The Clarity base trim I have I love because it has most of the upper end features (LED lights, 18" premium alloy, seat heaters, CarPlay) but also has the ability to get that coveted CA HOV carpool sticker, no gas used at all on commute days, and lower cost to insure.

I am selling my Land Rover this weekend because I don't drive her anymore as gas prices are just too high at 17 MPG....

Looking at the new upcoming Honda Pilot PHEV which I hope will have the AWD traction for the winter ski and fishing days I used to use in the Land Rover....

Robert_Alabama likes this.
  14. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

Yes, right there with you. I suspect a high percentage of the Clarity owners are anxiously awaiting the Pilot PHEV, myself included.

4sallypat likes this.
  15. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

Well she asked again to take it to work today on the pretense of needing to show it to a co-worker who's thinking about getting either a Clarity or an Accord.

Threat level moves to code RED! :eek:

4sallypat and MPower like this.
  16. MajorAward

MajorAward Active Member

Yes, you should be worried. My wife put 26 EV miles on mine this past weekend while I was out of town working on a project. I caught her by checking the HondaLink app. Said she had to run some errands... I told her to be careful, the Clarity is her gateway drug to a Tesla.

4sallypat likes this.
  17. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

If she uses Sport mode say goodbye to your Clarity.

4sallypat likes this.
  18. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

I had the Clarity for the first 3 months until..... the single occupant CAV single occupant HOV stickers came in - then she asked if she can drive the Clarity to show off to her co-workers.
    That was all it took - she now drives it every day Monday-Friday.
    Me: :(

Bolero and jorgie393 like this.
  19. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

Well without asking she took it again because I had her car blocked in by the CMax that was charging. Tonight I think we'll be having "the talk". :(

20. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

Yeah, sounds like she will win the Clarity.
    I am now waiting for the Pilot PHEV because I really am starting to hate the BMW - fuel pumps, gas cost ($4.25/gal), noisy ICE, rattly auto start/stop, and no regen braking....