2014-2017 Mercedes B200/250e anyone?

Discussion in 'Mercedes-Benz' started by Mark, Jun 19, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Mark

Mark New Member

Recently found what appear to several good deals on used B class Mercedes. Has anyone on the forum had experience?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Mike Kerns

Mike Kerns New Member

Purchased one last year on a 2 year lease.
    Get car, drives wonderfully, but the range is limiting is all.

4. MZ5

MZ5 New Member

I looked around and sat in a B-class yesterday afternoon. No time to go for a drive. Seemed like a typical entry-level German car to me:
    Plenty nice for what it is,
    Some interesting or clever items,
    Vinyl seats.

I’ve wondered whether their rather poor efficiency is due to them being a probably-highly-durable vehicle, or if it’s just that they use a cheap battery or motor or controller or something.

5. Mike Kerns

Mike Kerns New Member

As far as Mercedes go, I think these 250e's are pretty lux. The one the wife bought is full leather and so smooth and quite to drive. We are getting the Merc GLC Hybrid SUV this month so we can drive long distance.

6. gooki

gooki Well-Known Member

It’s a Tesla battery and motor in the Mercedes B, so unlikely to be that. More likely poor efficiency due to unoptimised vehicle design.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. MZ5

MZ5 New Member

With an electric, moving the vehicle is what takes nearly all the power. At low speed (city), aerodynamics play a super small part in fuel efficiency. Since this vehicle is pretty low efficiency both in town and on the highway, the powertrain is the primary suspect. Things like ultra-quiet motors are generally not as efficient as whiny or noisy ones. Smooth and quiet tires aren’t as efficient as loud, hard, roaring ones. Lower-cost batteries convert chemical energy less efficiently. I am curious as to where in these few areas of potential the actual inefficiencies lie.

9. Alphaman

Alphaman New Member

I’m wondering why MB250e’s don’t show up in the MyEV database. Any chance we can get those added?
    It’s a great car, the battery is strong and manages its charge intelligently, and you can even get an after-market fast DC charger for it. I see several for sale in my area on other sites, but not this one.

10. I actually asked them about this last week with regards to another model. Apparently, if there is a Mercedes Benz 250e, then the category will appear on the site. It just doesn't show because no one has put theirs on the site.

Personally, I'd rather see the model in the menu and then just the appropriate response if a search comes up empty.

MzTeaze likes this.
  11. MzTeaze

MzTeaze New Member

I have a B250e.

Domenick likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. I'm in the market for a used EV and some of these in the $18,000 neighborhood. A little out of my budget, sadly. I'd love to try one out, at least.

MzTeaze likes this.
  14. MzTeaze

MzTeaze New Member

What price range are you looking for (and where?). If you are out west (CA or NV) you can find several at Car MAXimum to test drive as they seem to have picked up a number of fleet cars at auction.

We were fortunate to find a barely driven, one owner car. Its in for annual servicing (and a general once over for short term warranty) right now.

15. nrkmann

nrkmann New Member

If you can find a B250e with a clean CarFax and no issues you will find it will pay for itself. My electric amounts to 3-4 cents a mile vs 15 cents for diesel saving $110 a month, not counting when I find free public charging. MB changes the battery filter each year for free. My 20 k check was $125. Insurance is about the same as my previous MB. My SWAG Is I save $200/mo with the EV.

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

MzTeaze likes this.
  16. MzTeaze

MzTeaze New Member

I've had my car for nearly 2 years now. Still love it. In fact, now my husband LOVES it so much he keeps trying to drive it to work instead of his ICE gas monster.

Domenick likes this.
  17. MzTeaze

MzTeaze New Member

My little putt-putt is still chugging along. At this rate, it looks like I will need it to keep going until 2024 with no real viable alternative available so far.

Domenick likes this.
  18. Great to hear and thanks for checking in. The B250e is an increasingly rare bird, but awesome that it's still getting you around.

MzTeaze likes this.
  19. MzTeaze

MzTeaze New Member

Welp,I'm about to end my first electric car journey by selling my B250e. I just put down my deposit for an Audi Q4.

Domenick likes this.
  20. Nice choice. been hearing good things about the Q4 and it's just started arriving in the US.

MzTeaze likes this.